Technical Project Manager – 6000
Want to work at a tech company where your contribution saves lives? Are you looking for a work-life balance, and the opportunity to work with smart people?
Our client is a growing global telecommunications company that provides data solutions for the railroad industry. We’re not a start-up, and not a Fortune 500 company. Basically, we offer the best of both worlds! Our team is friendly, and there’s lots of longevity (we invest in our employees). Hey, you can even bring your dog to work. Also, we don’t want you to spend your life in the car, so we are a great commute from downtown or anywhere south of Bellevue or north of Tacoma. If this sounds interesting to you, then let’s talk. We are looking for a Project Manager, Senior to join our Engineering team.
In this role you will work closely with Engineering and Product Leadership, Program Managers, and diverse technical teams to manage projects from planning through closure.
This role is also open to remote candidates.
• Leads cross-functional teams through new product development through product definition, architecture, design, validation, and introduction to manufacturing.
• Coordinates functional areas such as hardware, software and firmware development to create robust and reliable communication products.
• Manages external vendors supporting new product development, such as prototype manufacturers, environmental and electrical test labs, and specialty engineering firms.
• Facilitates communications between team members and eliminates barriers to achieving product goals and getting work done.
• Holds periodic and ad hoc project briefings for team members and senior leadership.
• Develops and evaluates options to resolve or mitigate issues and risks.
• Understands Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and internal processes.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Two (2) or more years of experience managing engineering projects or programs.
• Excellent understanding of MS Office and Project Management Tools.
• Five (5) or more years of experience working with teams in hardware design, NPI or electronics manufacturing. E.g. Printed circuit board assembly.
• Knowledge of hardware and software development lifecycles.
• Knowledge of electrical hardware manufacturing and manufacturing data management.
• A confident self-starter who can successfully navigate fast-changing environment.
• Strong organizational, planning, and analysis skills to drive action.
• Flexibility to celebrate successes and drive resolution of conflicts before they become issues.
• Curiosity and drive for improvement and innovation efforts (no matter how big or small).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills producing clear, unambiguous deliverables and presentations.
• Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization from individual contributors to executives in one-on-one and group situations.
• Proven ability to lead complex technical projects utilizing various methodologies (Agile, Scrum, SAFe, Waterfall, DevOps, etc.).
• Experience with portfolio management software, such as CA-PPM.
• PMP or other Project Management Certification.
• Understanding of wireless systems or technologies within the telecommunications industry.