Technical Program Manager-6381
Compensation and Benefits
Pay range of $80hr to $90/hr DOE.
Health & Medical Benefits, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, and Sick Time applicable by state.
Alaska’s Sr. TPM Role
The Senior Technical Program Manager is a subject matter expert in managing large-scale technical program solutions run with an agile delivery model. As an individual contributor, this role will exercise considerable judgment to guide and coordinate multiple large profile programs in collaboration with product owners, product managers and development teams. This role is responsible for supporting best practices for high-impact technology initiatives.
- As a subject matter expert in technical program delivery, orchestrate multiple large programs to deliver across several product teams using an iterative delivery model.
- With minimal direction from leadership, identify and manage technical dependencies for multiple programs across product delivery teams.
- Make recommendations and find solutions to gain consensus on technical decisions to deliver high quality results.
- Engage outside technical or business teams to execute against the plan; may lead cross functional meetings as needed by the program, aka scrum of scrums.
- Manage the implementation of vendor solutions associated with the product backlog.
- Make recommendations and assist the ITS Portfolio Services team with establishing and enhancing consistent product delivery methods.
- Monitor and forecast feature delivery status based on quarterly planning; monitor cost and report progress of projects to the chief product owner.
- Track project issues and drive resolution. Resolve program level impediments. Identify and communicate any unresolved problems with recommended actions for correction. Manage project risk and responses to the risks. Plan for contingencies by establishing appropriate linkage of risk to scope/schedule and cost.
- Communicate program and project status to participants and stakeholders in writing as well as in formal presentations.
- Organize meetings with various work teams to structure a process for consensus and team commitments for feature delivery.
- Work effectively with internal team members and vendors to ensure successful completion of projects. Prepare & execute plans for organizational change that will be brought about by the implementation of the project solution.
- Build strong relationships with IT & business stakeholders, manage project escalations and customer concerns.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
4 years in project/product/technical program management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, Technical Program Management or closely related field, or an additional two years of experience/training in lieu of degree
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to travel to Alaska operating stations, including Canada and Mexico
- Experience in managing multiple software and hardware vendors
- Experience in Airport Common Use systems
- Experience in software development including peripheral integration
- Strong technical background in Program management working in a matrix environment.
- 5 years’ experience as a program manager in an agile software development environment including Scrum, Kanban and Lean processes
- 5 years’ hands-on experience addressing all elements of scope, schedule, budget, risk evaluation, issue resolution, quality, integration, staffing, and communications on software engineering projects
- Knowledge of program management principles, practices, and tools
- Ability to work effectively with technology vendors and manage deliverables on software projects that involve in house software product team
- Understanding of business requirements as defined by epics, features, user stories & releases. Ability to work closely with product managers and product owners to synchronize the release of features through multiple product backlogs.
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm under pressure and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Possess a high level of accountability and ownership to bring assigned projects to meaningful outcomes
- Skills in leading agile groups, must be able to facilitate release planning and cross functional planning for multiple product teams
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.