Sr. TPM – 6154
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management team.
In this role you will work under a ‘Project Leadership Team (PLT)’ structure and will be engaging closely with Senior Leadership, Engineering and Product Leadership, Program Managers, and diverse technical teams to manage programs and projects from planning through closure.
Project Leadership Team (PLT) –
The PLT comprises of the Project Manager, Product Manager and Engineering Lead. All three work as a business unit and are equally accountable to ensure successful delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, budgets, resource forecasts, and status reports.
- Review, evaluate, and monitor cost, schedule, and project scope.
- Work with other Project Managers on the following:
- In getting status on projects within the program and reporting accurate program status.
- In ensuring the projects are on/under budget and on track.
- Ensure that the overall program costs are accurately represented.
- Identify, document, and inform executive management of issues and risks impacting projects.
- Develop and evaluate options to resolve or mitigate identified issues and risks.
- Facilitate communications between team members and eliminate barriers to getting work done.
- Regularly communicate status of projects to leadership and stakeholders.
- Understand and evangelize Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and internal processes.
- Contribute to the creation and refinement of current processes and artifacts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 7-10 years of proven ability to lead complex technical projects utilizing various methodologies (SAFe, Waterfall, DevOps, etc.).
- Knowledge of hardware and software development lifecycles.
- Expert understanding of MS Office and Project Management Tools.
- Experience with using Budgeting, Forecasting, and Invoicing tools.
- Experience with CA PPM or other Portfolio Management software.
- Excellent data modeling and quantitative analysis abilities to drive focused discussions and decisions.
- A confident self-starter who can successfully navigate fast-changing environment.
- Strong organizational, planning, and analysis skills to drive action.
- A trusted stakeholder partner with the ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Flexibility to celebrate successes and drive resolution of conflicts before they become issues.
- A mentor and coach to other project managers across the organization.
- Curiosity and drive for improvement and innovation efforts (no matter how big or small).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills producing clear, unambiguous deliverables and presentations.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization from individual contributors to executives in one-on-one and group situations.
- PMP or other Project Management Certification.
- Understanding of wireless systems or technologies within the telecommunications industry.
- Familiarity of or interest in the railway industry.