Sr. Technical Program Manager – 5940
Senior Technical Program Manager
As a Senior Technical Program Manager you you will be responsible for driving critical programs that support Client’s suite of products and professional services. This role will work closely with product management, software development, and professional services teams to manage the implementation, deployment, and operations of new and existing software functionality through the Agile software development lifecycle. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working on complex technical products spanning multiple teams, and who can skillfully adapt to rapid changes in requirements, direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer-oriented, results driven, and passionate about delivering innovative quality software that makes our customers successful.
This role requires a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working with minimal oversight and guidance in a technical environment, and who can adapt to rapid changes in direction and environment. To be successful, this role will need to work well in a fast paced, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Manage scope and delivery of features and functionality, and other support services, working across engineering teams with product leadership to translate business requirements into documented system and functional requirements (user stories)
· Prioritize deliverables with product manager and maintain schedules for their given product releases
· Proactively identify and mitigate development blockers, dependencies, and risks
· Work with Product and Engineering management to create product backlogs, prioritize deliverables, and maintain schedules for product releases
· Understand, document, and communicate technical scope
· Facilitate communication within and between development teams, quality assurance groups, product management and senior management to transparently and collaboratively develop great products
· Drive issues to resolution, provide escalation management, make appropriate trade-offs, and meet committed timelines
· Clearly communicate goals, status, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Strong technical program management background
- Strong software engineering background
- Experience with highly distributed, service oriented and cloud native architectures and concepts
- Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional internet software/services projects from initial concept to successful release
- Ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, drive impact and story mapping, release planning, backlog creation, and deliver them in a successful and timely manner
- Proficiency at leveraging limited resources and a proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to form and coordinate cross-organization virtual teams
- Ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Proven ability to capture the Voice of the Customer and to clearly map customer needs back to our Client’s priorities for Product and Engineering
- Well-rounded technical background in web/database technologies, Web services, mobile platforms, and Big Data.
- Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies
- Ability to translate vague business/customer needs into clear and well understood requirements
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science or related field
- 10+ years relevant work experience in software development
Nice to Haves:
· Background as a software developer or software test engineer
· Familiarity with Agile Development tools such as JIRA and Confluence
· Product Owner certification
· Scrum master certification
· Familiarity or experience with story mapping
· Knowledge of open-source software platforms and tools
· Experience working with offshore teams and remote teams
· Familiarity with DevOps and SRE culture, automation, metrics and tools.
· Experience with various Agile scaling approaches: Scrum of Scrums, SAFE, LeSS, Nexus etc
· Experience or certification in Google Cloud Platform, Amazon web Services, or MS Azure.