Sr. Technical BA-6408
Note: This is a remote contract position that will need to be located in one of the following areas: Seattle, WA, Vancouver, WA, Oregon, Oklahoma, Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas. There may be some travel required in the Autumn season.
Sr. Technical Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst on our client’s team, your primary responsibilities
will be as a critical part of a software project team: gathering and
documenting requirements, designing, testing, training, and change management
as we implement new system capability for our Timberlands business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Interface with business employees to understand their business requirements, translate to technical requirements, and collaborate on detailed design with other IT teams.
· Lead activities and guide others through process decomposition and redesign. (Lean Six Sigma experience desired.)
· Build business case by identifying and quantifying benefits including reduced “touch-time” through integration, automation, or simplification.
· Create test scripts and coordinate testing for the application being delivered.
· Develop and Deliver training content for the end-users of the application. Translate from technical jargon to how-to documentation for non-technical audience.
· Work independently, progressing toward high-level goals, providing status and raising blocking issues in timely manner.
Job Requirements Experience:
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressive, relevant information technology experience with a focus on integrating process and data derived from disparate applications.
· Proficiency with a wide variety of technologies skills and a fundamental knowledge of how various technologies are integrated.
· Experienced with creating and delivering presentations to stakeholders at all levels.
· Highly experienced in business process modelling, analysis, and documentation; understanding of the data / dataflows.
· Experienced in application / UI design & mock-up.
· Technical data experience preferred: SQL, Restful API, system integration design.
· Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles and practices.
· Ability to synthesize information & processes from disparate sources, finding the
common threads as well as highlighting the differences.
· Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new technology.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience in BI Reporting preferred.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
· Ability to rapidly convert high level strategies or ideas into tactical framework proposals for evaluation.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audience.
· Ability to work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
· Excellent collaboration skills in working across all IT segments and with business leaders; actively soliciting input from others and promoting an environment where all team members feel comfortable sharing and discussing their ideas and where the opinions of others are respected.
· Exceptional organizational abilities and customer service skills
Pay Range: $50.00 – $60.00 per hour depending upon experience.
Health & Medical Benefits, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, and Sick Time applicable by state.