Sr. Platform Engineer (DevOps/SRE) – 6407
Note: This full time position is located in Seattle and requires the candidate to be onsite Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. They’ll work remote on Monday and Friday.
Senior Platform Engineer
Our client’s Engineering Team is looking for a passionate Senior Platform Engineer to help lead and own our efforts to design, build and deliver the future of our infrastructure, services, and automation in the Cloud. Our team applies software engineering principles to a variety of challenges and provides systems and services that are robust, efficient, and easy to use for our product teams and customers. Whether it’s building infrastructure-as-code, developing deployment automation, or providing backend services, our focus is to create platforms that enable our teams to move fast and accelerate the delivery of business value. The Platform Engineering Team creates, maintains, and monitors environments, reacts to interesting challenges, works cooperatively with other teams, and provide the expertise that promotes constant improvements and supports continuously growing infrastructure.
What’s the job?
The position takes a key role in leading efforts that empower the development, testing and operation of our client’s products. The Senior Platform Engineer works closely and collaboratively with their team and other leaders to develop an aligned vision for how to optimize the speed, efficiency, quality, cost, and security for our deployment automation, Cloud infrastructure, and software development tools. For each objective the Senior Platform Engineer uses their advanced technical skills and experience to develop elegant solutions and delivers them to users so our client can realize the full value of their great work.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Identify meaningful opportunities to make our software development and operations even better and drive the delivery of high-quality, elegant solutions for our users and customers.
- Develop intuitive and intelligent automation which enables our Engineering teams to configure and deploy our full application stack in a wide variety of permutations quickly and cost-effectively.
- Operate and optimize our platform services and development tools for security, performance, reliability, and usability.
- Build and maintain the Cloud infrastructure that our client needs to create and host world-class transportation and logistics products.
- Take on complex, technical problems and use your tenacity, analytical skills, eagerness to learn and problem-solving ability to come up with creative and practical ways forward.
- Work collaboratively with people across the company to share knowledge, evangelize our services, learn about the development of our products, and collectively pursue continuous improvement.
Who are you?
Passionate. Knowledgeable. Responsive. Committed. Embraces a challenge. If these words resonate with you and how you approach your work, then we want you on our team. At our client, learning is a way of life, helping others is a passion and challenge equates to an opportunity. We seek out individuals who are driven and have work experience that tells a compelling and multi-faceted story. Diverse backgrounds and experiences spur diverse ideas, and we understand that those ideas power our pursuit of innovation. FWe are not looking for a one-size-fits all approach when hiring for our workforce – we need what makes you truly unique and special.
The right person will bring some combination of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience as DevOps Engineer, Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, or Site-Reliability Engineer.
- 5+ years of experience doing development or operations in a Cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- 5+ years of experience with software development or scripting languages such as Python or Java.
- 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code deployment such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience providing, operating, or supporting infrastructure or software in a 24×7 environment.
- Experience owning large, value-driven engineering efforts from inception through delivery.
- Experience with Configuration Management automation such as Ansible or Chef.
- Experience with Linux, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Docker.
- Experience with Networking (DNS, ALBs, NLBs, Gateways, VPNs) and Firewalls high preferred.
Salary Range: $140,000 to $150,000
Benefits: Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees also are covered by basic life and accidental death insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Employees accrue one hour of paid sick leave for every 28.8 hours worked. Employees may be eligible for up to twelve weeks of paid maternity leave; and up to 5 days of paid bereavement leave. Eligible employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, as well as a retirement plan. Employees may be eligible for discretionary and/or metric-based bonuses and will receive two weeks (ten days) of vacation and 13 paid holidays every year.