Sr. Java Developer – 6238
Our Client is looking to for a Sr. Java Developer and they've asked WideNet to help them.
Our client is looking for a talented Sr. Software Development Engineer to join their team and help build their applications that run and support their systems. This position requires web and API development skills and the ability to integrate them with various back-end systems. The primary responsibilities will be to design, implement, and support various Java applications that run and support their platforms. Succeeding in this role requires close interaction with other software developers, QA engineers, System Operation Engineers, and users.
If designing, developing, and maintaining Java applications for emergency software systems on mission and performance critical platforms within a medium-sized team excites you then we would like to hear from you.
This position can be remote, on site in Belltown on the Seattle waterfront, or a combination of both (preferred).
This person’s primary responsibilities will be to design, implement, and support various Java applications that run and support their client platforms.
This person will not only have the opportunity to develop critical applications that support the community, but they’ll have a seat at the table when it comes to directing design, best practices, and tools choices.
80% of development work is in the backend and 20% is working in Angular for frontend/UI work.
· Work closely with System Engineering, Product Management teams, and internal customers to analyze software requirements.
· Design and architect systems that are of high availability and of high resiliency using industry best practices and methodologies. Verify the completed software adheres to the agreed-upon specifications.
· Build front end (using RESTful API services) and mid-tier web applications.
· Produce high quality documentation for the developed applications, including design document, admin and user guides, and release notes.
· Collaborate closely with your peers during the development cycle, actively participate in code reviews, and guide junior developers in the team when needed.
· Write and document unit and end-to-end test cases.
· Work closely with QA teams to ensure all applications meet the quality and performance requirements.
· Perform comprehensive integration testing in the development lab.
· Analyze and optimize the overall performance of the software to ensure performance goals are met or exceeded.
· Keep up to date on technology that is pertinent to client’s line of business and actively share that knowledge with other team members.
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in CS or similar discipline) from a four-year college program.
· Experience developing Java applications using object-oriented programming concepts.
· Experience with Web and RESTful API development, and microservices architecture.
· Experience with front-end development, preferably using Angular.
· Experience working with various SQL database technologies such as Postgres, MySQL and Oracle.
· An analytical mindset with strong sense of ownership of one’s work.
· Ability to communicate effectively within and outside the development teams.
· Strong system design and architecture experience.
· Strong front-end design experience.
· Experience deploying and configuring Web applications on UNIX/Linux platforms.
· Exposure to NoSQL database technologies.
· Experience with messaging broker concepts and tools.
· Ability to effectively present during sprint demos and design reviews.
· Experience with network and load-balancers is a plus.
· Experience working in an Agile environment.
· Experience with Git and GitLab and deploying applications using CI/CD.
· Experience or knowledge of OAuth 2.0 and Single Sign-On concepts.
· Experience with Ruby on Rails web application frameworks is a plus.