Sr. Java Developer – 6010
About the job
The primary responsibilities will be to design, implement, and maintain our Client’s Java applications that that run and support our E9-1-1 platforms. This position requires strong Java, as well as Web and API development skills, and the ability to integrate our back-end and front-end systems. Good working knowledge and prior exposure to a Ruby on Rails applications is a big plus. Succeeding in this role requires close interaction with other software developers, sComystem engineers, QA engineers, our operations team and close collaboration with Product and Project management.
If designing, developing and maintaining Java applications for emergency 911 software systems on mission and performance critical platforms within a medium-sized team excites you then we would like to hear from you.
· Work closely with System Engineering, Product Management teams, and internal customers to analyze software requirements.
· Design and architect systems that are of high availability and of high resiliency using industry best practices and methodologies. Verify the completed software adheres to the agreed-upon specifications.
· Build and maintain existing front end (using RESTful API services) and mid-tier Java web applications.
· Produce high quality documentation for the developed applications, including design document, admin and user guides, and release notes.
· Collaborate closely with your peers during the development cycle and actively participate in code reviews.
· Write and document unit and end-to-end test cases.
· Work closely with QA teams to ensure all applications meet the quality and performance requirements.
· Perform comprehensive integration testing in the development lab.
· Analyze and optimize the overall performance of the software to ensure performance goals are met or exceeded.
· Keep up to date on technology that is pertinent to our client’s line of business and actively share that knowledge with other team members.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field from four-year accredited college program, Master’s Degree is desirable.
· Experience developing and maintaining Java applications using object-oriented programming concepts.
· Familiar with the Spring Boot framework and technology.
· Experience with Web and RESTful API development, and microservices architecture.
· Working knowledge with Ruby on Rails web application frameworks.
· Experience with front-end development, preferably using Angular.
· Experience working with various SQL database technologies such as Postgres, MySQL and Oracle.
· An analytical mindset with strong sense of ownership of one’s work.
· Ability to communicate effectively within and outside the development teams.
· Strong system design and architecture experience.
· Strong front-end design experience.
· Experience deploying and configuring Web applications on UNIX/Linux platforms.
· Exposure to NoSQL database technologies.
· Experience with messaging broker concepts and tools.
· Ability to effectively present during sprint demos and design reviews.
· Experience with network and load-balancers is a plus.
· Experience working in an Agile environment.
· Experience with Git and GitLab and deploying applications using CI/CD.
· Experience or knowledge of OAuth 2.0 and Single Sign-On concepts.
· Problem solving mindset with a can-do attitude.