Sr. IT Systems Analyst – 5893
Job Type: Direct Hire
Sr. IT Systems Analyst
$79,764.00 – $103,680.00 Annually
- The Sr. IT Systems Analyst is responsible for the stewardship and technical ownership of assigned enterprise software applications and platforms, including systems supporting Real Estate, Security and Facilities Development departments. This position collaborates with stakeholders to increase the value of supported IT Services by identifying and implementing innovative solutions, reducing technical complexity, and fostering a data driven culture.
- Personally, and utilizing vendor partners, leads solution design, development, and configuration efforts. Undertakes complex data management, transformation, and integration activities. Leads system support, operations, and maintenance tasks, following ITIL practices and meeting defined SLA’s.
- Acts as team lead for assigned IT engineers and analysts, providing day to day guidance and oversight.
- Proactive and constructive engagement and collaboration with business partners to address application issues, and identify, prioritize, and plan enhancement opportunities
- Stewardship and technical ownership of assigned Enterprise Class IT services/applications. IT services directly supported include solutions supporting Real Estate, Security and Facilities Development departments, and Geospatial platforms. Leads IT Operational Excellence initiatives, including developing and maintaining 3-Year Roadmaps, and Warranty/Utility Metrics.
- Team lead for one or more IT engineers or analysts, providing day to day guidance and oversight and driving effective team performance.
- Lead's configuration of assigned IT Services/Applications to develop and enhance their functionality as business solutions and increase the business value derived by stakeholders.
- Undertakes complex data management, data transformation, and integration activities. Defines and leads Database and data maintenance for assigned IT Services/Applications, including developing and validating data
- Supports application users following ITIL Incident, Problem, Change and Service Request Practices. Coordinates with outside consultants and vendors. Defines and leads System Maintenance tasks to ensure application availability. Ensures cybersecurity requirements are maintained, including performing system updates. Develops and maintains Disaster Recovery Plans. Works within established Service Level Agreements with all business partners.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field is required. An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience supporting enterprise applications, users, and data required.
- Experience working in an ITIL process environment is preferred.
- Successful candidates will be skilled in the management, support and use of complex Enterprise Class applications and platforms, both on-premises and SaaS. Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Platforms including Azure and Microsoft 365, including data management, integration, and analytics services. Skilled in database and data management, and Microsoft SQL Server including SQL, database operations, and database administration and maintenance.
- The incumbent must be able to work constructively and collaboratively with business stakeholders to build business value in supported systems, as well as work in a demanding, disciplined environment, and to manage priorities based on defined strategies and goals. This position requires the ability to lead and guide the day-to-day and planning activities of a team of technical resources.
- This individual must demonstrate a caring customer service attitude, a strong commitment to operational excellence and be able to display behaviors and a commitment to the organization’s core values. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the organization’s culture is built on the following values: Integrity and Transparency, Excellence, Adaptability, Stewardship, Teamwork and Partnerships, Health and Safety, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The Port seeks candidates who can align and model these values both internally and externally and understand what it means to carry out these values in their everyday work. We value an individual who also brings an impeccable work ethic, is honest, models a high level of integrity and displays enthusiasm, energy, and a drive to succeed.
- This individual must demonstrate a caring customer service attitude, a strong commitment to excellence and be able to display behaviors and a commitment to the organization's core values. We value an individual who also brings an impeccable work ethic, is honest and models a high level of integrity. The port wants candidates who display enthusiasm, energy and a drive to succeed. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer the organization's culture is built on the following values: Integrity, Customer Service, Competitive Spirit, Courage, Stewardship and Collaboration. The port seeks candidates who can align and model these values both internally and externally and understand what it means to carry out these values in their everyday work.
- The Port of Tacoma has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of Port employees, their families, and the public we serve, as well as to meet the requirements of Executive Order 14042, which requires federal contractors like the Port to adopt and enforce a mandatory vaccination policy. Effective 12/8/2021 the federal mandate and Port policy have been suspended due to a federal court injunction until further notice.
- In accordance with the Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986, all persons offered employment must provide acceptable proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States. Proof will be required prior to employment.
- The successful candidate must possess (or obtain within 30 days of employment) a valid driver's license. Candidate must be able to successfully complete a post-offer substance abuse test (includes both drug and alcohol) and background investigation. Candidate must also be able to obtain/maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), which is a program managed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Information on this program can be viewed here.