Sr IT Project Manager-5939
This position manages moderate to highly complex Information Technology projects utilizing formal methodologies, best practices, business knowledge, creativity, and stakeholder engagement to ensure successful project execution and completion. This position facilitates the definition of requirements; plans, coordinates, and organizes project activities; ensures the management of scope, schedule, and budget; and proactively manages project plans and tasks to reduce risk. Projects may include software system selection and procurement, software system implementation and enhancement, technology infrastructure implementation, technology enabled business process improvement, business analysis, system assessments, and other IT related projects.
· Works collaboratively and creatively with project owners, sponsors, stakeholders and Business Analysts to define project requirements and scope. Aligns related sub-projects to maximize opportunities, resources and benefits.
· Plans, manages, and balances project scope, schedule and budget to ensure projects are effectively controlled. Communicates and escalates issues affecting these factors to relevant stakeholders. Manages formal change control processes.
· Identifies project risks and develops mitigation strategies to minimize their likelihood of occurring and/or impact. Identifies project Issues and maintains an accurate and complete Issues Log. Actively manages issues to resolution.
· Develops project plans to reflect a projects Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), deliverables, tasks, task dependencies, schedule, and resource assignments. Manages the project based on the developed plan and updates plan as required. Develops detailed project management documentation including project charters and contract or procurement documents including Request for Proposals (RFP) and Scope of Work (SOW).
· Leads Agile and Hybrid Predictive/Agile projects in the role of Scrum Master. Runs Agile ceremonies including sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives. Produces product increment release plans. Works with Scrum Masters/Project Mangers from vendor teams to coordinate activities.
· Leads project resources ensuring task assignments are appropriate, understood, and achievable. Monitors and facilitates task activities as appropriate to ensure Resources are completing planned deliverables as scheduled.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field required. Formal Project Management training is required. Project Management certification highly desired (PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, Agile CSM/CSPO, etc.).
· Minimum of six (6) years of IT Project Management experience, including experience managing complex and large-scale IT projects from inception to closure required.
· Projects managed should include the procurement and implementation and upgrade of complex enterprise scale software applications across financial, procurement, operations, supply chain, records management, and HR systems.
· Must have knowledge of project management methodologies, principles, practices, techniques and tools and have knowledge and experience of current technologies and computing environments. Individual must have group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
· Must have experience with PMI Body of Knowledge and PMI practices, techniques and terminology. Experience with Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies and experience with Microsoft Project and MS Visio required.
· Individual must have the ability to develop and manage project budgets and financial records and have advanced technical writing skills, including developing RFP’s, project management plans, and project charters. Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication and presentation skills, project management skills and be highly professional.
· Must have excellent planning and organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in demanding environments. Individual must have excellent customer service skills and have the ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team environment. Incumbent must have the ability to think strategically and understand the business requirements behind technical initiatives and possess the flexibility and creativity to lead project teams and solve problems in a constantly changing environment.
· This individual must demonstrate a caring customer service attitude, a strong commitment to operational excellence and be able to display behaviors and a commitment to the organization’s core values. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the organization’s culture is built on the following values: Integrity and Transparency, Excellence, Adaptability, Stewardship, Teamwork and Partnerships, Health and Safety, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The Port seeks candidates who can align and model these values both internally and externally and understand what it means to carry out these values in their everyday work. We value an individual who also brings an impeccable work ethic, is honest, models a high level of integrity and displays enthusiasm, energy, and a drive to succeed.
· In accordance with the Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986, all persons offered employment must provide acceptable proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States. Proof will be required prior to employment.
The successful candidate must possess (or obtain within 30 days of employment) a valid driver's license. Candidate must be able to successfully complete a post-offer substance abuse test (includes both drug and alcohol) and background investigation. Candidate must also be able to obtain/maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), which is a program managed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Information on this program can be viewed at https://www.tsa.gov/twic.