Sr. C++ Software Engineer – 6331
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to join our team and help us build our applications that run and support our mission critical Next Generation Emergency 911 systems. This position requires strong C++ back-end as well as Web and API development skills and the ability to integrate our back-end systems with our various front-end ones. The primary responsibilities will be to design, implement, and maintain our C++ back-end applications that form the backbone of our Next Gen solution. Succeeding in this role requires close interaction with other software developers, System engineers, QA engineers, our operations team and close collaboration with Product and Project management.
If designing, developing and maintaining C++ applications for Next Generation Emergency 911 software systems on mission and performance critical platforms within a medium-sized team excites you then we would like to hear from you.
· Work closely with System Engineering, Product Management teams, and internal customers to analyze software requirements.
· Design and architect systems that are of high availability and of high resiliency using industry best practices and methodologies. Verify the completed software adheres to the agreed-upon specifications.
· Produce high quality documentation for the developed applications, including design document, admin and user guides, and release notes.
· Collaborate closely with your peers during the development cycle, actively participate in code reviews, and guide junior developers in the team when needed.
· Write and document unit and end-to-end test cases.
· Perform comprehensive integration testing in the development lab.
· Support Operations teams in troubleshooting issues related to NG 911 service.
· Analyze and optimize the overall performance of the software to ensure performance goals are met or exceeded.
· Keep up to date on technology that is pertinent to Comtech’s line of business and actively share that knowledge with other team members.
BASIC EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field from four-year accredited college program, Master’s Degree is desirable.
· Well versed in object-oriented programming paradigms and concepts.
· Extensive experience developing enterprise applications.
· Expert user of C++ and good working knowledge of Java.
· Experience working with SQL database technologies, such as Postgres, MySQL and Oracle.
· An analytical mindset with strong sense of ownership of one’s work.
· Ability to communicate effectively within and outside the development teams.
· Ability to effectively present during sprint demos and design reviews.
· Strong system design and architecture experience.
· Experience with messaging protocols such as SIP/MSRP.
· Exposure to front end (using RESTful API services) and mid-tier web applications development.
· Experience deploying and configuring Web applications on Linux/Windows platforms.
· Exposure to Postgres or other database technologies.
· Experience with messaging broker concepts and tools.
· Exposure to NENA and ATIS standards.
· Experience working in an Agile environment.
· Familiar with Git and GitLab and deploying applications using CI/CD.
· Experience with network and load-balancers is a plus.