Solutions Engineer – 6227
This role will draw upon your mix of business and technical capabilities to and play the part of a solution creator and maker. We need you to bring your knowledge of systems and platforms that align to the business initiatives.
The team you’d be working with is the Benefits Portal team, which is currently in process of evaluating technical roadmaps for modernization. Until a strategy can be determined, the expectation would be to provide support for the existing portal. Once the strategy has been agreed upon, this role will be key for helping to build and implement the technical backlog.
· Strategic Partnership: Build strong relationships with stakeholders, technology teams, and internal development communities. Participate in driving towards a culture and growing discipline of digital transformation
· Individual Day-to-Day work: Research modern, native cloud solutions and practices to continuously improve development practices. Drive development and solution efforts using modern; development practices (TDD, Test automation, monitoring), frameworks, and languages that refactor existing technologies into cloud-native technologies and architectures. Enable development within the organization through tooling, infrastructure, patterns, and training. Contributing member on digital enablement projects to develop net new cloud-based capabilities for advancing our business. Develop bespoke Cloud solutions with heavy automation (“everything as code”).
BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Minimum Years Of Work Related Experience Required
· 1-2 Years of working with AWS.
· 5-7 years of experience in software development or equivalent demonstrable expertise.
· History of refactoring solutions from legacy frameworks like ASP.NET to .Net Core, Soap APIs to REST, and tightly coupled web services to ‘right sized’ decoupled APIs, containers, and server-less patterns.
Specific Experience Required
· Existing Code Base
o .NET framework 4.6
· Targeted Code Base
o .NET Core
Specific Licensing Training Desired
· Certified AWS
Skills and Abilities Required
· Effective team player, excellent communication, written, and presentation skills.
· 3+ years facilitating/negotiating backlog prioritization/constraints.
· Effective teamwork in sprints. Excellent influencing and reasoning skills.
Advanced understanding of technical and business capabilities mapping. Self-starter with a passion for IT and a desire to keep current on industry trends.
Skills And Knowledge
Experienced professional with considerable and extensive skills knowledge for the role. Possesses wide range of experience and uses professional practices to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Is the recognized expert within the department or division. Work requires in-depth knowledge of the field as well as the ability to evaluate external factors and impact to strategic goals.
Contact with Others
All levels of organization; works directly with Product Owners, Analysts, and Scrum Masters throughout organization.