· Acts as a subject matter expert in full-stack engineering on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, designers, and other engineers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
· Coaches and influences team-members on best practices and emerging technologies.
· Solves complex technology and business problems with new and creative methods.
· Architects, engineers, tests, deploys, and supports highly scalable and maintainable complex, end-to-end custom software applications.
· Ensures delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration.
· Actively engages in the technology industry, networks and understands how evolving technologies can benefit our organization.
· Influences cross-functionality and partners with other disciplines to develop strategy.
· Develops a solid understanding of the team’s guest experience, business, and systems.
Job-Specific Skills, Experience & Education
· 4 years of experience in software engineering or related area.
· Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Computer Science or a related field, or an additional two years of relevant training/experience in lieu of this degree.
· Experience in Test Automation.
· Strong background in Microsoft Azure or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following:
- Acting as a full-stack software engineer building custom, high scale, n-tier applications using object-orientated languages (c#, java, etc.).
- Developing web or mobile applications using modern technologies (react, swift, etc.)
o Utilizing appropriate design patterns to create clean, maintainable, and performant code.
o Interacting with Git version control to maintain organization and logging of codebase changes.
· Expertise with TDD, unit testing, pair programming, and other XP techniques.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to socialize and introduce new ideas and technologies to communities of developers.
· High degree of professionalism, customer service orientation, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team.
· Experience coaching and developing other software engineers.