Senior Technical Program Manager-6472
Compensation and Benefits
Pay range of $80/hr to $90/hr DOE.
Health & Medical Benefits, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, and Sick Time applicable by state
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for multiple phases of the technical aspects of a program, from inception through completion, with a focus on the subsystems of major programs. As an individual contributor, this role will initiate and coordinate technical aspects of programs while serving as liaison between the business and development. This role builds strong relationships with stakeholders while ensuring the lifecycle of programs run smoothly, on time and on budget.
· Take initiative to develop solutions to small to medium company programs that involve coordination between various groups, and or vendors both within divisions as well as across divisions.
· Make recommendations on work with delivery teams, customers and business stakeholders to define the objectives and program deliverables using established processes and procedures.
· Create, manage, and publish detailed program schedule based on defined deliverables and team/vendor forecasts.
· Resolve program level impediments. Identify and communicate any unresolved problems with recommended actions for correction. Manage project risk and responses to the risks. Plan for contingencies by establishing appropriate linkage of risk to scope/schedule and cost.
· With minimal direction from leadership identify and manage technical dependencies for a program across product delivery teams.
· Make recommendations and solutions to gain consensus on technical decisions to deliver high quality results.
· Facilitate cross functional meetings as needed by the program, aka scrum of scrums. Communicate program status to participants and stakeholders in writing as well as in formal presentations.
· Apply modified methodologies or blended styles across cross functional development teams to execute the program; this may include working with product delivery teams and collaborating with a traditional scrum master.
· Work effectively with internal and external groups to ensure successful completion of programs.
· Identify and communicate any unresolved problems or possible timeline issues along with recommended actions for correction to individuals across the organization.
· Build strong relationships with IT & business stakeholders, manage project escalations and customer concerns.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
o A minimum of 2 years in project/product/technical program management.
o Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, Technical Program Management or closely related field, or an additional two years of experience/training in lieu of degree.
o Technical background in Program management working in a matrix environment.
o 2 years’ experience as a program manager in an agile software development environment including Scrum, Kanban and Lean processes
o 2 years’ hands-on experience addressing all elements of scope, schedule, budget, risk evaluation, issue resolution, quality, integration, staffing, and communications on software engineering projects
o Knowledge of program management principles, practices, and tools
o Ability to learn business requirements as defined by epics, features, user stories & releases. Ability to work closely with product managers and product owners to synchronize the release of features through multiple product backlogs.
o Demonstrated ability to stay calm under pressure and be comfortable with ambiguity
o Possess a high level of accountability and ownership to bring assigned projects to meaningful outcomes
o Skills in leading agile groups, must be able to facilitate release planning and cross functional planning for multiple product teams
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
· Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.