Senior Software Engineer-5981
The Data Services DAP Senior Software Engineer is a subject matter expert in data transformation and storage, using Azure. As an individual contributor, this role exercises considerable judgment to make decisions in software component development and provide recommendations to address needed data transformation solutions.
· Implements solutions to capture and store event driven data and process as needed
· Implements secure cloud data solutions which align to privacy and security controls
· Participates in making decisions collaboratively, and ensuring follow through with excellent verbal and written communication
· Works with stakeholders, and translate requirements to design and build solutions that will meet Business needs and integrate seamlessly with the DAP and ML processes
· Contributes as a full-stack software engineer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, designers and other engineers to solve complex technology and business problems.
· Engineers, tests, deploys, and supports complex, full-stack data-centric software applications that support real-times ODSs and Alaska’s data analytics platform.
· Ensures delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code, performing code reviews, writing unit and integration tests and following continuous integration/delivery best practices.
· Researches and analyzes current systems, subsystems and interfaces to understand the current or new process flow
· Conforms with, and participates in continuous improvement of, best practice guidelines around all stages of development
Job-Specific Skills, Experience & Education
· 4 years of design and development experience, including significant hands-on experience developing using a major cloud platform, like Azure, AWS, or Google
· A Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in computer science, systems analysis, or a related area, or two additional years of experience in lieu of this degree
· Understand scalable, performant, and secure architectures and designs principles
· Understanding of concurrency, parallel, multithreading, and asynchronous processing patterns
· Experience with resilient patterns (e.g., automated retry patterns, circuit breaker)
· Experience writing automated unit tests using UnitTest, nUnit, Moq, or similar frameworks
· Experience with DevOps CI/CD (Azure DevOps, GitHub, GitLab, CircleCI) and collaborating within a Git SCCS
· Experience with both NoSQL Databases such as MongoDb/CouchDb and Relational Databases (Oracle, PG, MySQL) including strong SQL reading and writing skills
· Excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with a variety of different types of people, including the ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical audiences
· Minimum age of 18
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
· Experience using Azure Service Bus, Databases, Azure Data Warehouse, Redis, Key Vault, and WebJobs
· Working knowledge and experience with various aspects of Azure security models
· 2+ years airline/travel industry experience
· Experience with Agile Methodology
· Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Ruby and experience with a strongly typed language like C# or Java.
· Prior working experience using data processing technologies such as Apache Spark (Spark ML, Spark Streaming, Databricks) or Azure stream analytics
· Experience with data concepts (SQL, NoSQL, Normalization) and working with complex data structures
· Business and/or technical background in the areas of Data Integration (ETL), Data Security, and machine learning
· Hands on Experience with Docker Container/Kubernetes
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations:
· Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable