Senior Product Designer (2) – 6081
The Senior Product Designer is a subject matter expert in User Experience (UX) design. As an individual contributor, this role exercises considerable judgment to make decisions in product experiences and provide recommendations to solve design and usability problems for our guest-facing digital experiences within our end-to-end guest journey and beyond, across web, mobile app (iOS and Android), kiosk, and other digital mediums.
- Act as a subject matter expert in User Experience (UX) by leading and applying user-centered design best practices, to interaction design, information architecture, accessibility standards and usability fundamentals that balance user needs with business goals and technology capabilities.
- With minimal direction from leadership, exercise considerable judgement to make decisions for UX solutions that result in user flows, wireframes, prototypes (all levels of fidelity), and production ready designs that create relevant, simple and engaging experience for our guests.
- Make recommendations to and participate in product strategy, feature reviews and sprint rituals in coordination with Product Management, Engineering, and other Designers. Plan, conduct, and synthesize user research to generate product discoveries, requirements, and evaluate designs by authoring and facilitating stakeholder workshops, usability studies and other validation method/techniques.
- Influence cross-functionally and partner/build relationships with cross-channel solutions that align with company-wide partners, resonate with the guest and are optimized for brand, mobile/responsive, traffic, SEO, awareness, and conversion to drive and maintain the quality of design and consistency of deliverables across the design group.
- Exercise judgment to make decisions on and continually audit the health of our digital experiences to ensure they meet consistency and design standards by working with UX research and analytics to evaluate designs and incorporate findings through a test and learn approach that helps measure outcomes and KPIs.
- Take on ambiguous challenges to contribute to the design system through usage of the documentation framework for complex patterns and other pieces such as components, by collaborating with fellow Product and UI designers to inform the design language for digital solutions.
- Develop solutions for your products/platforms within large-scale initiatives that span across teams and business groups to ensure all design efforts uphold our design pillars and standards. Ensure alignment meets the objectives of the initiative while also identifying opportunities to enhance our guest experiences in ways otherwise not conceived by the initiative.
- Apply deep knowledge in all aspects of user experience design to embody and help establish best practices for the design team, acting as a mentor to fellow designers.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of 4 years of post-education employment experience in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, User Experience, Product Design, Interactive Design with delivery in digital mediums or related area.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with a focus in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, User Experience, Product Design, Interactive Design (or a related field) or an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of this degree.
- Exemplary portfolio showcasing design skills that demonstrate critical thought process, digital cross-platform experience, application of skills to various communication styles, and knowledge of how UX design adds business value.
- Highly skilled in Figma and/or latest design tools (i.e. Adobe CS, XD, Sketch, Abstract, etc.) with demonstrated ability to create shared understanding within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience with rapid prototyping to show product flows, facilitate shared understanding and directly collect guest feedback.
- Experience with lean, agile product delivery, MVP, optimization tests and workflow tracking tools such as JIRA, Azure DevOps, VersionOne, etc.
- Experience with user centered design best practices as they relate to cross-browser compatibility, UI patterns across platforms, and designing inclusively for users of all abilities.
- Excels as a deadline oriented conceptual and visual thinker, with a broad toolset for organization and communicating complex ideas.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum age of 18. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Additional Keys to Success
Communication & Relationship Building
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to enhance both customer and employee satisfaction.
- Active listener who values diverse perspectives and fosters an inclusive environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to drive outcomes in the best interest of the company.
- Proven capability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with other teams and workgroups.
- Ability to inspire a culture of design thinking, guest advocacy, accountability, and collaboration through independent contribution and consulting as a subject matter expert.
Technology & Skills
- E-commerce or product design agency experience
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in UI Design and leveraging motion, animation and transitions to reinforce clarity, usability & brand.
- Balance of visual and data-driven mindset with a proven history of continuous self-development.
- Copywriting skills including UI copy, microcopy and calls-to-action.
Focus & Prioritization
- Detailed oriented and highly organized, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to cope with conflicts caused by competing priorities.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.