Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
We are looking for a passionate, data-driven, team-oriented individual to join our innovative wholesale company that is quickly emerging as a leader within the industry. It is a pivotal and exciting time for our company as we continue to grow our workforce, expanding operations, supply chain, marketing, software development, and sales teams.
The Software Development Engineer in Test plays a key role in the software development process by designing and implementing tests and debugging and defining corrective action. You will be responsible for developing a thorough documented quality program, including defined test plans and implementing automated and manual test strategies to ensure quality standards are met. A successful SDET participates in the design and planning of software development projects by ensuring time and resources are dedicated to creating technology solutions that meet/exceed quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Translates business requirements into documented, repeatable test cases.
· Creates and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts, both manual and automated, and to revise as needed to reflect changing requirements.
· Improves process and quality via test and process automation by defining right strategy and technology based on process and architecture assessment.
· Follows project methodology and rigorously enforce project quality standards.
· Prepares reports, reviews, and quality assurance procedures as needed.
· Proactively attempts to resolve issues, and escalate when necessary.
· Generate defect reports, drive defect triage calls.
· Participates in regular status meetings with project team.
· Keeps the project team informed of changes to the product and testing challenges. Documents process and progress.
· Communicates relevant project information to team members and relevant stake-holders.
· Other duties as assigned
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
· Experience with using QA tools, writing test plans, test cases, and test scripts, a good understanding of QA methodologies
· Experience with test automation frameworks
· Experience with web testing technologies, PC hardware platforms, and MS Operating Systems
· Interpersonal skills along with the ability to work in a team
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
· A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related qualification
· 5+ Years of Quality Assurance experience.
· Excellent understanding of systems and application.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; Ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and making fine discriminations in sound. Must be able to remain in a stationary position and/or upright, for prolonged periods of time, traverse stairs, reach overhead, squat, bend, kneel, stoop, and crouch occasionally during 8-10-hour work shift.