Scrum Master – 6476
Compensation and Benefits
Pay range of $68/hr to $78/hr DOE.
Health & Medical Benefits, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, and Sick Time applicable by state.
The Senior Scrum Master is a subject matter expert in modeling Agile values and is responsible for facilitating for 2-3 teams while embodying and modeling Agile values and principles. As an individual contributor, this role holds the standard Scrum events for teams practicing Scrum, assist Product Managers with achieving a well-refined backlog, removing impediments, and empowering your team(s) to continually evolve.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in modeling Agile values and helps the Product Managers understanding of value-based prioritization in an Agile environment.
- Coaches techniques for effective product backlog management and leads the team to understand the need for clear and concise product backlog items
- Contributes to the development of release plans with data and insight and leads the team to develop quicker service delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity
- Leads and coaches the organization and teams they support in their Agile adoption, including planning Agile implementations within the organization and leading change that increase the productivity of the team
- Leads the team to make measurable, continuous improvement and coach the team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
- Removes impediments to the team’s progress and manages cross team dependencies, including working with peers to resolve cross-team impediments
- Facilitates Agile events and provides transparency to team process and progress, including measuring and diagnosing team performance
- Trusted representative of Team members and leaders, viewed as a strategic partner in the delivery of high-quality, high-value products that contribute to the success of our technology initiatives while creating an environment which embraces Agile Values and Principles
- Leads in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices, operationalizing the plan, build, delivery process, while mentoring other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Agile in the organization
- Makes recommendations to set the strategic direction for planning and tracking artifacts and tools, and in establishing and maintaining team metrics which provide a comprehensive view of team health, and encourage continuous improvement
Job-Specific Skills, Experience & Education
- 4 years of experience in technology industry and customer-centric applications
- Bachelor’s degree, or an additional two years of training/experience in lieu of this degree
- Experience with Agile team coaching
- Deep understanding of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, and Agile scaling patterns
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Fluency using Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication and the ability to work with diverse personality types and to lead and coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC) or similar