Program Manager: Research Operations Support-Meta-129663-6315
Program Manager: Research Operations Support
Location: Redmond, WA (Onsite)
Our client is seeking a Program Manager to join their on-site research operations program in Redmond, WA. Although this role is heavily hands-on, you will lead a team of project coordinators, operators, or technicians. You will apply program-management best practices, communicate with these teams on prioritizing critical issues, following up with urgent tasks and deadlines, build roadmaps and schedules, escalate blockers and report project health status to stakeholders and the team.
You will need outstanding ability to define scalable standard procedures, and you will collaborate with product/program managers, engineers and research scientists on the client team, ensuring they receive high-quality deliverables from your team. In order to do this, you will partner with other cross-functional teams on the client side such as Facilities, Security, and Logistics. The services will include a range of AR technologies, mobile phones, cameras, sensors, etc.
3 Core Responsibilities:
- Client Engagement – Regular connection on client driven requests, feedback, strategy and planning
- Employee Management – People management, 1-1's, career development, daily administration, hiring and firing.
- Project Oversight. Creating project plans, assigning tasks to Project Coordinators and data collection operators, monitoring results, run dashboarding needs, report status and updates, contribute to QBRs, escalate when necessary
- Drive and own communication across operations and engineering groups on all critical issues and tasks
- Manage team travel, logistics, technology needs and workload balancing
- Prioritize blocking issues and follow up with project scheduling and delivery
- Analyze operations and build reports/dashboards
- People management (hiring, firing, mentoring, interpersonal skills)
- Perform data collections when needed
- Proven experience handing prioritizations of project issues, and see through the completion of resolved issues
- Strong people management skills
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycles and how engineering teams operate
- Experience in working with engineering teams, preferably in research and development
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and documentation
- Experience in cross team and organization collaboration
- Must adapt quickly to technical jargon and new technologies
- Familiar with executing simple scripts (i.e. – Linux)
- Willing to be hands-on in technical areas
Verification of COVID 19 vaccination, background check, and ability to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship required for all new hires.