Program Manager – 6266
Job Type: Contract
Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Build long-term, strategic relationships with stakeholders and leadership and ensure buy-in of selected program initiatives.
- Facilitate and coordinate the establishment of the program definition, its structures and processes, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs through achieving results.
- Serve as ongoing single point of contact for projects in a particular area.
- Initiate, plan, execute and close projects in assigned program.
- Align programs to the objectives with goals and strategy.
- Ensure adherence to PPMO methodologies.
- Act as primary resource for investment council, steering committee and senior executives for communications, and for reporting the state and performance of initiatives within the program.
- Conduct regular reviews with senior business and technical leaders to validate and assess the program.
- Provide strategic guidance and insight on mission critical initiatives, considering and addressing needs of project sponsors.
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage dependencies within the program and resolve conflicts.
- Ensure programs and initiatives are executed using project / program policies, standards, and best practices.
- Provide and escalate data on achieving an optimized mix among initiative investments, making best use of all resources to deliver maximum value and benefits.
- Recommend and direct delivery and solution of problems.
- Monitor and assist project managers with risk issues and changes.
- Identify, prioritize, and coordinate project and program resources.
- Validate and assess program, execute change, and reprioritize as necessary to deliver maximum business value.
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of the principles and methods for planning and managing project initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of systems life cycle management and methods and tools for risk mitigation.
- Expert ability to make well-informed and objective decisions and ability to perceive the impact and implications of decisions by leveraging fundamental prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Expert ability to be open to change and new information, adapt behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles and to effectively deal with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Expert ability to make decisions independently and to assume and/or delegate leadership responsibilities in critical situations.
- Expert ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Expert ability to be a focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Expert ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Expert ability to proactively monitor shifting regulatory and geopolitical factors that can have an impact on project/program success.
- Expert ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of business and technical audiences.
- Expert ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
- Expert project management, team building, problem solving, negotiation, prioritization and strategic thinking skills.
- Expert written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Expert strategic thinking, data management and capital planning and investment assessment skills.