Reports To: Development Director
We are looking for a passionate, user focused, team-oriented individual to join our innovative wholesale company that is quickly emerging as a leader within the industry. It is a pivotal and exciting time for our company as we continue to grow our workforce, expanding operations, supply chain, marketing, software development, and sales teams.
As the Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and building of intuitive user interfaces. You will be responsible for helping to define interface design standards to maintain consistency and common look and feel across the application portfolio. To be successful as a Frontend Engineer, you should demonstrate strong skills in user interface design and implementation facilitating intuitive use of new applications and tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Development and Deployment of new products and features to facilitate rapid iteration and constant growth.
· Design and implement new applications in modern client application technology stacks to support organizational workflows and customer interactions.
· Design and implement intuitive elegant user interfaces that facilitate the easy adoption of new software tools.
· Work closely with the various stakeholders to ensure understanding of requirements and business processes.
· Develop functional and high performing client applications with a high degree of quality.
· Develop and maintain libraries to maximize code reuse and maintain consistency throughout the application portfolio.
· Work within a team environment and facilitate the success of software development through participation in code reviews, agile ceremonies, and continuous improvement activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
· Deep understanding of modern web and user interface design concepts.
· Experience in frontend development frameworks and languages, i.e. React, Angular or Vue.js using ES6, TypeScript and various template formats.
· Familiarity with frontend integration workflows such as Identity Provider integrations, data sharing methodologies, et al.
· Strong experience in facilitating software delivery of new application features within a CI/CD delivery infrastructure.
· Strong background in agile development methodologies.
· Strong Written and Verbal Communications Skills
· Good Interpersonal and Multi-tasking skills
· Able to explain technical problems and offer solutions to non-technical users and leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
· 3+ Years of experience developing intuitive, high performing client applications and integrating within a full stack micro-services architecture
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; Ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and making fine discriminations in sound. Must be able to remain in a stationary position and/or upright, for prolonged periods of time, traverse stairs, reach overhead, squat, bend, kneel, stoop, and crouch occasionally during 8-10-hour work shift.