Embedded SW Engineer (Linux), Senior I – 6367
Want to work at a tech company where your contribution saves lives? Are you looking for a work-life balance, and the opportunity to work with really smart people? Then we should talk. Our client is a growing global telecommunications company that provides data solutions for the railroad industry. We’re not a start-up, and not a Fortune 500 company. Basically we offer the best of both worlds!
In this new role, you will be responsible for software development activities for the Positive Train Control (PTC) Communication System (“the communication system”). Within an Agile/Scrum development environment, design, develop, test, and maintain software for radio communication networks and the peripheral devices used in these networks. Primarily this involves firmware embedded in radio products and peripherals but could also include desktop computer applications for test or production support or for customer network applications.
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
· Experience as a team member within an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Linux development using C and C++ (Embedded Linux development is a plus!)
· Well versed in monitoring and diagnostic tools for software development.
· Knowledge on Linux OS/Processor running on ARM.
· Have a strong ability to create and apply methods to trap and analyze firmware and hardware defects.
· Understanding of communication network architectures and their implementation in software.
· Comfortable using basic hardware debugging tools such as Oscilloscopes or Logic Analyzers.
· Familiarity with wireless communications systems.
· Experience with real time operating systems.
· Experience with protocol stacks (such as TCP/IP).
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· 5+ years of experience in embedded software development.
· Familiarity with U-Boot.
· Familiarity with SNMP, DHCP, UDP, TCP.
· Familiarity with Coldfire processor platform or similar embedded processors.
Medical, Company sponsored Health Savings account, Dental, Vision, basic and supplemental Life insurance and AD&D, short term disability with 100% income replacement, long term disability, paid maternity leave, EAP, 401k with company match, Railroad retirement and pension plan with full vesting after 5 years, 80 hours paid sick and safe leave per year, 7 paid holidays + 4 additional floating holidays throughout each calendar year, 3 weeks paid vacation to start, and an employee rewards and recognition program.
The pay range for this position is $108,202 to $167,712. Employees new to this role can expect to make $108,202 to $128,309. In addition, there is a potential yearly bonus at 10% of base salary.