The Business Analyst is responsible for leading and participating in the evaluation and implementation of complex technical solutions based on the business needs. This position works on all aspects of the solution lifecycle with an emphasis on planning, business analysis, requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- Role Description:
- Analyzes business and technical processes
- Documents business requirements
- Defines changes to business processes and assists in modifying them
- Configures, tests and implements enterprise-wide business systems
- Interviews business partners to define detailed business requirements
- Maps current processes to the desired state and identifies gaps
- Where appropriate, translates business requirements to functional specifications and technical requirements
- Coordinates with business and technology team to provision and test business systems to ensure they meet requirements.
Responsibilities (What are they going to do on a daily basis?)
- Collect and Document Requirements
- Gather requirements from customers to identify desired support needs
- Defines business needs by analyzing and documenting business processes; includes research, planning, writing user cases and project overviews, plus any supporting documentation
- Prepare project and system related documentation consistent with standards and procedures outlined in the applicable development methodologies
- Create and document business requirements, functional requirements and system requirements including applications effected
- Assist in Defining Solutions
- Develop as-is and to-be business process flows required by the department methodology for new system development or for process redesign
- Perform feasibility studies and/or cost/benefit analyses in support of various initiatives
- Facilitate meetings in the business area to review business processes and identify information system requirements and/or needs
- Develop and deliver end user training
Requirements (Mandatory skills needed to be successful in the role)
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model, preferred
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required. Experience working performing business analysis with web- based products and tools is helpful.
- Experience with developing requirements in an agile environment.
- Ability to contribute to continuous quality improvement by identifying and recommending improvements to the services and support provided by the individual, team, and department.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational, analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving abilities are required. The ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team of professionals and manage projects and tasks are essential in this position.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Process Analysis
- Requirements Specifications
- Requirements Validation/Verification