AR/VR Lab Technician-129656-6288
AR/VR Lab Technician
Our Client is seeking a Lab Technician to join their team and work on a project with their client’s research technologies team. Our client’s team applies a range of software, computer vision and robotics techniques to build systems and tools that enable accurate quality evaluation and regression testing of tracking systems and algorithms.
You will be responsible for supporting operating and maintaining robotic measurement and motion capture systems to be used for capturing high quality datasets. Focus will be on tools to extract images from headsets, data analysis tools. You will collaborate with engineers and research scientists.
- Setting up and maintaining data collection SW and HW including OS/firmware updates and connection to sensor components.
- Consumer devices HW bring-up and functionalities verification.
- Design and execute experiments to validate product quality and investigate HW/SW issues.
- Design and commission automation procedures for robotics experiments.
- Perform devices calibration with proprietary equipment.
- Commission and operate complex measurement and test equipment.
- Documentation of various processes and techniques with help from the core team.
Qualifications (Must have)
- Familiarity with Linux systems.
- Scripting / configuration editing.
- Experience with laboratory work and ideally experimental hardware.
- Good communication skills.
- Software development experience in C++, Python and/or Bash.
- Troubleshooting and error analysis for driver problems on Linux.
- Robot control or mechatronics experience. In particular:
- Controlling linear motion stages
- Controlling hexapod positioners
- Controlling robot arms
- Knowledge about camera optics and acquisition settings.
- Experience with VR or AR systems.
- Data analysis and visualization.
Verification of COVID 19 vaccination, background check, and ability to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship required for all new hires.