3D Graphics Software Engineer – 5818
3D Graphics (Unreal) Software Engineer
Our Client is a well-funded, stealth startup creating a cutting-edge enterprise platform for interactive customer and employee engagement. We are looking for very creative, collaborative self-starters who want to rapidly experiment and then ship a reliable, easy-to-use system that creates a new product category. This is an innovator’s dream challenge that requires fusing the input of multiple audio/video/lidar sensors, reasoning over those data streams with faster-than-real-time AI systems, and then translating those outputs to hyper-realistic 3D interactive renderings.
They have a fully remote team with office/lab space in the Seattle area, a generous stock option package and bonus system, flexible work-from-home hours, a fun environment, and, most importantly, a culture that emphasizes personal growth with a focus on the character traits of Gratefulness, Graciousness and Generosity.
Our client is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our new team and build state of the art technology in the areas of advanced 3D computer graphics, AI/ML, and audio/video data processing. The work will include participating in the development of their technology and product; collaborating with partners and integrating their software into the client's system; evaluating open source and other libraries for possible inclusion in our system; and assist in the myriad of engineering tasks that a new company needs to be successful. As a software engineer, you will work alongside a broader tech team that is comprised of fellow software engineers, AI/ML scientists, and computer graphics engineers.
They value people with a passion for system performance. In our world milliseconds count, so whether your expertise is hardware, software, network comms, big data, etc. we need people who thrive on finding the most efficient approach to a solution. We also value people with a “Maker Mentality: a willingness to try novel approaches and put things together in unusual ways to achieve system goals.
They are a small, remote team working on advanced technology, the candidate must have demonstrated strong skills and abilities in working independently, communicating effectively verbally and in writing, setting priorities, and managing multiple tasks. Above all, the candidate must be passionate and fearless in learning new skills and exploring new ideas.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
• Design, build, and maintain code for real-time rendering of avatars and scenes using Unreal (UE4)
• Optimize code for high performance across multiple CPU cores and one or more GPUs
• Collaborate with other developers on the team to improve our system's overall design, capabilities, and performance
• Collaborate with creative professionals on the team to improve our system's visual quality
• Investigate new rendering technologies, including UE5 and nontraditional approaches
• +5 years in the graphics / 3D rendering industry
• +3 years of experience developing with Unreal (UE4), including mesh creation/manipulation
• +5 years of experience developing commercial software with C/C++ or C#
• BS in CS, Math, EE, or similar discipline
Experience in at least one of the following areas is also required:
• Experience with VR/AR
• Experience with Python programming
• Familiarity with AI, ML, Data Science, or Computer Vision
• Experience with various 3D authoring tools, e.g. Maya and Blender
• Audio/video data streaming and processing
• Code optimization for CPUs, GPUs, or FPGAs