Are you looking for a stable, secure, friendly work environment to take your IT career to the next level? Are you tired of dealing with mergers, acquisitions, and corporate buyouts? Want to work someplace where the people are genuine, and you are not just a number? Our client is a family owned company of four hundred employees- big enough to be a solid corporation, but small enough to still care. The office is only a 40-minute commute from West Seattle, (and everything south of Renton).
Here’s just some of the many awards the company has achieved.
- Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work for – 2014 – Seattle Business Magazine
- 2014 Family Business Award – Seattle Business Magazine
- Gold Achievement level – Fit Friendly Worksite – 2014 – American Heart Association
- US Bank 2013 Gold Award
We’re looking for a Front End Developer in IT to join the team!
Summary: The Front-End Developer’s main responsibility is the design, production, modification and maintenance of web applications and user interfaces. We are looking for a creative self-starter with solid experience in user experience definition and user interface design.
Position duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regards to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions with a commitment to excellence in user experience
- Developing Responsive Web Applications using Bootstrap or AngularJS
- Develop applications using popular tools such as HTML5, XHTML, JQuery & CSS
- Developing MVC applications that integrate with server-side interfaces to produce dynamic pages; strong understanding of RESTful APIs and how to interface with them.
- Create Mockups and Wireframes to empower the feedback loop
- Develop in an Agile Team environment using TFS & Git
- Participate in discussions with internal clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams define optimal technical solutions
- Maintain graphics standards and branding throughout application interfaces
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline preferred.Equivalent experience considered.
- 3+ years’ experience in Web Application Design and Development
- Capable of combining systems/technical and business perspectives
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills