The Sales Operations Manager (SOM) supports all relationship managers to provide operational support and act as the communication bridge with service and operations, compliance, law, IT, and agency. The SOM acts as the operational point of contact to all distribution partners. Skills critical to the career path include project management, leadership, and business expertise.
- Partner with relationship management teams to solve operational issues from distribution partners based on priority and capacity. Follows up to ensure resolution. Catalogs and documents issue description and resolution outcome (75%)
- Develop thorough understanding of distribution partners’ operational processes including new business processing method, technology, and selling agreements (15%)
- Create and send proactive outreach to distribution partners regarding operational updates (5%)
- Participate in cross-functional projects to onboard partners, launch products and enhance partner experience (5%)
- Minimum of associates degree or technical certification
- Minimum of 5 years in insurance industry role
- Operational and public facing roles for at least 3 years
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Ability to manage different priorities and or multiple projects, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
- Takes ownership in job responsibilities.
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles.
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge ideas with varying levels of management.
- Experience with internal systems (Microsoft Access, Microstrategy, PartnerHub, AWD, P8) preferred