- Posted by: admin dev
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our platform development team. This team is focused on building highly available data acquisition/storage/interface mechanisms and providing complex event processing. MSHN technology stack leverages a combination of leading edge open source tools (RocksDB, Kafka, PostGres, Go, Google Compute Engine services) as well as custom code built using C++, C#, and Julia. As a member of the team, you will be involved with all phases of software engineering (architecture/design, coding, deployment, operational support) and responsible for the evolution of our first generation tool set into a hardened stack that is ready to scale to support terabytes of transactions per minute.
Key technical responsibilities include:
- Design and build scalable/secure libraries and services to acquire, store, and vend electronic health record data
- Ensure that all of your projects build elegantly (containerized, in continuous integration environment, have thoughtful unit tests, pass key security tests, etc)
- Build automated tools/scripts to eliminate manual tasks; you must abhor administrivia that prevents you from focusing on solving complex engineering problems and seek to stomp it out whenever possible
- Document design decisions, code approach, etc; socializes these decisions through peer review, architectural review, etc.
- Owns and operates the software you build. You don’t just write code and ‘lob it over the fence’; ensure operational excellence through logging, metrics, monitoring, documentation
- At least five years of hands on work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Experience working with extremely sensitive data (PCI, HIPAA, etc)
- Creative problem solving skills
- Passion for new technology and customer focus