- Posted by: admin dev
The Software Developer is responsible for translating business requirements into secure, maintainable software applications for the client. This involves analysis, design, implementation, unit testing and maintenance of back-end, middle-tier and front end software components, as well as integrating to third-party systems and software products. The tech stack is primarily Microsoft (.NET, SQL Server) and the methodology varies depending on the project.
In this job you will:
• Work with different departments to understand business computer related processes and incorporate those processes into application software that supports the annual operating and strategic plans.
• Work with the client's consultant(s) and third party vendors to design and develop new software applications and programs to support client business needs.
• Be responsible for the technical documentation and maintenance of custom programming software.
• Be responsible for programming enhancements and changes, when necessary, for reports and software.
• Be knowledgeable of the current method of operation in each department and how software enhancements and new modules will effect and change operations within the various departments.
• Work with project teams and Program Managers to ensure effective implementation of software.
• Coordinates with appropriate IT areas and business units when implementing software into the “live” environment and provide necessary documentation of any changes to procedure.
• Be knowledgeable in how to utilize the various operating systems, database languages, related programming languages, and other software as required for project implementation.
• Provide assistance to identify and maintain custom software programming in conjunction with vendor updates.
• Attend meetings, in conjunction with or in the absence of the IT Development Resources Manager to ensure ongoing knowledge and communication of projects.
• Perform responsibilities consistent with the IT area’s Shared Values.
• Have a thorough understanding of Credit Union operations, including how departments interact with one another.
• Serve as a member of the Disaster Recovery Team for Information Technology.
• Ensure that written procedures are documented for all functions within area of responsibility and update as necessary.
• Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
• For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent conceptual and organizational skills.
• Willingness to keep up with developments in the technical and financial services industries.
• Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, management, and vendors regarding software issues.
• Ability to present a professional image to vendors and co-workers.
• Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
• Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
• Ability to sit or stand within proximity of terminal.
• B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience designing software and writing production code in a team environment required.
• Recent experience with the core of Microsoft’s tech stack (.NET, SQL, etc.)
• Experience with the following required:
o Visual Studio
o .NET Development
§ Creating and consuming SOAP Web Services
§ ASP.NET Web Site Development
§ General Familiarity with the .NET Framework
§ C #
o Microsoft SQL Server
§ Familiarity with basic DDL and CRUD operations.
§ Transact-SQL Stored Procedures
• Familiarity with any of the following is preferred:
o Financial industry experience.
o Business Intelligence experience