Our client is looking for a UI – SE II to join their team. This person will be responsible for and will analyze, design, develop, document, and support complex user interfaces using modern languages, tools, and techniques. We are an agile shop, so the typical day starts out with a standup meeting, and then focused development time. Planning occurs every two weeks.
- Solid experience with HTML5/CSS3
- Minimum two years’ experience as an SE II, four years as an SE III, specifically in UI/UX development.
- Strong understanding of distributed architectures
- Understanding of, and experience with, accessibility standards (specifically WCAG 2.0 AA)
- Ability to develop highly complex user interfaces
- Strong understanding and capabilities in Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Ability to debug and repair complex systems
- Familiarity with design patterns and when to use them
- Strong refactoring skills
- Ability to create easily readable and maintainable code
- Solid understanding of secure coding practices
- Solid understanding of available technologies
- Understanding of common development platforms
- Working level knowledge of source control systems
- Working level understanding of build and deployment tools
- Solid understanding of testing frameworks
- Knowledge of development processes
- Understanding of development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.), and when to use them
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC
- Ability to create clear and concise documentation
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to interpret and follow complex technical requirements
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff
- Other skills
- Critical thinking
- Strong problem solving
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires a high level of language comprehension, math and reasoning skills. An Associate of Technical Arts, or Associates of Arts in Science with a concentration in computer programming is required. A BS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field is preferred. Related experience may be substituted, year for year, for academic achievement. Position requires a minimum of two years experience, including experience in recruiting/hiring. Demonstrated accomplishments in innovative technology solutions, including social media.
Position requires well developed interpersonal and written communication skills. Must be able to convey highly technical information to non-technical staff.
Ability to calculate figures and percentages. Ability to collect and analyze data. Ability to use formulas, perform calculations and link items in Excel preferred.
Position requires excellent conceptual, organizational, and problem solving skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Position requires Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, ability to work under pressure, and the ability to handle sensitive information. Ability to work independently and as a team member. Good project management skills preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.