As a Senior Technical Writer, you will be responsible creating and maintaining customer-facing documentation for Client applications and solutions. Specifically, you will be responsible for system requirements, release notes, upgrade guides, online help, and other product-supporting documentation.
- Confer with developers, product owners and managers, customer support team, and QA testers to determine the subject material to be developed for publication.
- Organize large content sets and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain internal and external documentation sets.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Edit UI text.
- 3+ years using MadCap Flare authoring tool is required; experience with MadCap Central is desirable
- 8+ years’ experience as a Technical Writer; experience in Agile software development environment is desirable
- B.A. / B.S. degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience with SAP ERP systems like S/4HANA is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, and written
- Read and interpret technical information
- Ability and experience in emulating a new user to ensure their experience with the product is excellent
- Ability to first-hand deploy and utilize the product from the user’s perspective to ensure documentation is accurate and helpful in context
- Familiarity with the IT audience and with SharePoint and web application technologies
- Compose clear and concise technical written communication
- Desktop productivity applications, Jira, MadCap Flare, and Microsoft Excel
- Usability principles
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload – makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient – knows role and has a solid familiarity with tasks and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility for learning – leans into learning software’s capabilities and the user personas.
- Communicates ideas – strong facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence – acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the PACT values.
Reference Number: 5331