Our Client is seeking a System Administrator Engineer. This role will be the resident expert on setup, operation, and maintenance of 3P blockchain services to facilitate their integration with the platform and their proper operation in production. In this capacity, they will interface and collaborate with external blockchain development teams, SW Engineers, and Wallet Operations Engineers.
An ideal candidate for this position is adept at learning how to use new services and tools, reading through documentation, digging through source code, and communicating with others. They enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting software issues, take pride in writing quality documentation, can juggle multiple tasks at a time, and pivot as priorities change/ issues arise.
- Maintain a working relationship with 3rd party blockchain development teams to learn their services and tools and to help them improve documentation and fix bugs
- Install, configure, tune, and maintain 3rd party services that communicate with blockchain networks
- Author robust documentation for operations engineers to troubleshoot issues with blockchain node services
- Build scripts and tooling to facilitate operation, upkeep, and monitoring of blockchain services
- Deep understanding of Linux primitives, GNU tools, shell scripting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with virtualization and containerization technologies (Docker, LXC, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience with Security fundamentals
- Experience building tools and services on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Understanding of blockchain technologies and peer networking
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server
Reference Number: 5226