Our client is looking for someone who will help reinvent reporting and monitoring using Splunk capabilities to improve visibility and usability. You will work on architecting and developing solutions for reporting and work in a pure DevOPS model with end to end visibility. As a Senior Splunk Developer, you will participate in all tasks required to maintain application availability, responsiveness, and functionality. You will identify and complete work to improve application maintainability, availability, and responsiveness.
- Highly proficient in Splunk administration.
- Highly proficient in SPL and creating reports/dashboards.
- Highly proficient in UNIX/Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Programming experience required (Java, Python preferred).
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on SQL development, write SQL, PLSQL, table joins and proficiency with SQL and MySQL or Oracle database servers.
- Perform deployments of Splunk configurations to support data onboarding and other maintenance/upgrade activities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to individually manage work while multitasking.
- Highly energetic with a positive attitude with a keen focus on quality deliverables.
- Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or equivalent work experience
- Understand requirements, participating in creating/ proposing solutions.
- Design and develop Splunk reports, dashboards, applications.
- Develop proof or concepts and alternate applications of existing solutions for different business scenarios.
- Provide technical support and assistance to users as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot supported applications including web, client-server, and database components.
- Create and maintain configuration documentation for all assigned systems using Enterprise Architect and Visio.
- Adhere to our client’s documented software development practices for design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Complete assignments in work request queue in a timely manner.
- Participate in on-call support for 24/7 production environments and after hours support as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Troubleshooting/Supporting web applications experience
- Wireless, Telecommunication, or Internet industry experiences
- Proficiency/Knowledge in big data or schema-less technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB is a plus.