The General Manager ITS Agile Delivery & Transformation is responsible for scaling the Agile Delivery capabilities and lead the Quality Engineering Managed Services Provider (QE MSP) capabilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for standardizing how the cross-functional teams of product managers, designers and software engineers work together to make investment decisions, track the execution and build successful partnerships with stakeholders. They will focus on creating and improving repeatable processes using agile principles like collaborative planning, iterative delivery and continuous improvement to help create a world-class agile delivery organization.
Scope & Complexity
- This people leadership role drives the strategy, roadmap, and adoption of agile best practices across the ITS organization as well as leads a QE MSP capability to incorporate quality and security into the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process. Leads a team of scrum masters and agile coaches to drive agile best practices across the organization.
- Leads the strategy, design and delivery of tailored coaching and training on agile leadership, ideation and experimentation, problem discovery and solution exploration, product vision and road-mapping.
- Leads Agile Delivery and QE teams to innovate on the current thinking and bring in new approaches to changing how organizations and teams deliver software and systems.
- Leads, coaches, mentors and guides agile teams on their journey to becoming self-sustaining, high performing agile teams.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives through data driven metrics, which encourage the adoption of agile practices and result in improved project execution, communication and concurrently building group skills and capabilities.
- Identifies organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation and work with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them.
- Leads a QE MSP capability to incorporate automated quality and security into the CI/CD process across the organization.
- Collaborates with the QE MSP partner in driving consistent quality assurance practices, methodologies, tools, and techniques throughout the IT organization. Track and monitor quality and security metrics across software development teams.
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence. Establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements across the Agile and QE function.
- Partners with leaders on KPIs, scorecard metrics, vision and road-mapping and other strategic efforts; develops key metrics to provide enterprise level awareness of product delivery across the organization.
- Drives testing methodology and tools to support agile and cross-platform application development lifecycles.
- Builds outstanding relationships with leaders across the organization to create an environment for delivering the right products with high quality and security.
Job-Specific Skills, Experience & Education
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive agile software development experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of management experience leading and mentoring members of agile delivery teams.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, project management, or related area, or an additional two years of experience in lieu of this degree.
- Demonstrable experience applying and improving agile practices at scale to improve the capability of multiple, interdependent software delivery teams.
- Proven ability to perform as a servant leader with excellent communication and social skills, and to resolve conflicts with professionalism.
- Advanced knowledge of design, product development, engineering and agile best practices.
- Knowledge of airline and/or travel industries and related technologies.
- Experience in a complex, large agile environment
- Experience in Agile transformation or other organizational change experience
- Experience with any formal agile scaling framework
- Formal agile or executive coaching experience
Reference Number: 5229