As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for creating automation and tooling to test service products. The team supports the back-end services internally developed. This position works closely with the rest of the services development team members within the company ensuring quality products that enable the organization to provide experiences that delight customers.
- Key hands-on services testing with responsibilities spanning across automation and tooling to validate back-end service development.
- Develop, review and execute test plans and test cases that ensure all products meet quality parameters.
- Test planning and execution for Cloud and other service related integration points.
- Data analytics and reporting that influence service quality.
- Accurate costing for engineering activities, and execute with accountability to schedule/quality.
- Actively participate in detailed service design, code reviews, and bug/issue triage.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of software services testing.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment, preferably SCRUM, where 2-week release cycles are implemented.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and present multiple solutions.
- Knowledge of Rest protocol and Web sockets.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services EC2 highly recommended.
- Ability to work at a strategic level with key Stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills, especially within teams and with technical information.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.