Our client is looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Development Engineer to join their team as a FTE and take part in driving the future of their customers’ experiences with their applications on the days they use them. Our scrum development teams are cross-functional and ship software on a regular basis (anywhere from daily to every two weeks). Our team is leading the organization in cloud and open source development. The successful candidate thrives in a fast paced, autonomous team environment and is passionate about building software the right way and teaching that software craftsmanship mentality to others. Additionally, this developer enjoys the reward of delivering business value quickly while working with product owners to help craft their roadmaps in pieces that can be delivered in an incremental nature.
Scope & Complexity
With limited supervision this position supports software engineering activities for the Ecommerce scrum team.
- Contributes as a senior developer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, developers, and testers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
- Architects, designs, and develops highly scalable and maintainable complex, end-to-end custom, software applications.
- Ensures delivery high quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, mobbing, TDD, continuous integration and code reviews.
- Serves as a mentor and idea leader in continuously improving the team by sharing new technology/process opportunities, and best practices.
- Stays actively engaged in the technology industry and understands how evolving technologies can benefit our organization.
- Participates in on-call support rotation.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of Android, iOS, Go, Node.js, Python, Java, and/or C# engineering experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience building custom, high scale, n-tier applications.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience creating and supporting REST-based services in a high-scaled micro-service architecture.
- Expertise with AWS, Azure, or other cloud providers.
- Experience developing Android and/or iOS applications and their supporting services.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to socialize and introduce new ideas and technologies to communities of engineers.
- High degree of professionalism, customer service orientation, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team.
- Experience coaching and developing junior engineers.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Proven experience managing or contributing to Open Source projects preferred
- Expertise with TDD, unit testing, pair programming and other Extreme Programming techniques preferred
- Expertise with modern design principles (CAP Theorem, horizontal scaling, containers etc.) preferred
- Expertise in Agile/Lean development methodologies preferred
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in computer science, is preferred.