The Software Engineer role contributes significantly to the success of this company by fixing, and maintaining the company’s web sites and other software projects. This position works closely with the rest of the Software Engineering and DevOps team members and other stakeholders within the company in creating innovative solutions to complex business problems. This position requires constant exercise of discretion in prioritization of work.
- Implementing new features to the company’s web sites and other software projects
- Find and fix errors, write unit test, implement change requests and new features
- Gather stakeholder requirements from internal team members
- Solve complex programming and environment problems
- Document and communicate designs and interfaces for use by other engineers
Knowledge & Skills & Experience
- Min 3+ years’ experience in multi-tiered web sites.
- Operating Systems: Ubuntu Linux (servers), Windows (personal PC)
- Applications: MySQL, Git, NoSQL
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with the Django framework is required
- Experience with a clustered, multi-tiered production environment a plus
- Experience in the video game or trading card game industry a plus
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
- Work efficiently with a high throughput and low error rate
- Communicate ideas and issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Overtime is expected when necessary to ensure that projects launch on schedule, but not common
- All team members are on-call periodically to respond to any emergency web site outages