You will be responsible for driving Software Build and Technical Writing engineering operations while working closely with developers and other teams. In this role, a successful candidate would help lead effective Service Delivery, automation, build & release engineering. This role will build, coach and grow the team, and strive to improve the efficiency of how things are done. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic, and detail-oriented individual with a strong technical background and proven leadership experience. This position requires an individual to be able to manage a team and work cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate complex project delivery.
- Responsible for leading, supporting, coaching, and developing Software Engineering personnel that support the delivery of software. Such personnel may include Technical Writers and Software Build Engineers.
- Responsible for high quality technical content.
- Focus on single sourcing, optimizing and simplifying operations and tools for publishing technical documents.
- Responsible for partnering with Development teams to ensure build and technical writing processes align with Engineering Software development roadmaps.
- Accountable for software build process and technical writing improvement.
- Responsible for personnel management, including employment and performance management.
- Work collaboratively with Product and Project Managers to plan, drive, and monitor projects.
- Responsible for successfully managing department budget and resource management.
- Leading and managing department efforts including internal projects, budget, schedule and resources.
- Manage team development and/or reviews of product deliverables.
- Facilitate consensus building and manages issues and risks among railroad stakeholder groups.
- Manage resources and resource conflicts as necessary to ensure work stream success.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, Science, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience managing or leading a team of highly skilled software developers.
- Experience working with technical content for developers.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using tools such as Jenkins.
- Ensures standard documentation methods are followed.
- Experience defining and managing an area of responsibility with the ability to step in and take initiative.
- Must demonstrate confidence in ability to manage highly skilled direct reports who may have a greater level of knowledge and higher compensation than this position.
- Must have experience in managing or leading complex technical projects (custom software development).
- Able to effectively motivate team members to set and achieve the corporate and individual goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, schedule, status, issues and risks to multiple levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Capable of adept navigation of a complex stakeholder environment including management of stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills producing clear and unambiguous communications.
- Ability to self-manage and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Coding skills in one or more of C++, Java, C#, Node.js, or Golang.
- Ability to conduct code reviews and vet team member’s estimates.
- Ability to coach team members in “best development practices.”
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget.
- Management experience involving technology within the telecommunications industry.
- Familiarity with SAFe methodology.
- Certification in a management-oriented discipline.
Reference Number: 5251