As a UX Research Consultant, you will plan and conduct research efforts to evolve the user experience of our Client’s extensive cross-platform digital products. They are looking for problem-solvers, connectors, and explorers who constantly pursue better, smarter, and faster ways to bring delight and value to their customers. As a UX Research Consultant, you will work on feature initiatives from concept-to-launch for their video streaming experiences. You will report to UX Research Team Manager to prioritize and coordinate efforts, and work directly with product teams to plan and execute research. The ideal candidate will take into account business objectives, user needs, human factors engineering, and industry best practices to inform decisions and will deftly balance tactical implementation with big-picture strategic thinking.
- Work with product team leads to identify and prioritize research aligned with the product roadmap.
- Plan and conduct research within an Agile UX framework including, project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, recruiting, legal logistics, technical logistics, study moderation, data analysis, reporting, and team communication.
- Study responsibilities include coordination, recruiting assistance, study session moderation, data capture, data analysis, reporting, and communicating results.
- Include a bi-coastal team and stakeholders in the research process, and support integrating research findings into the iterative design process.
- Ensure high quality data and robust data analysis.
- Turn data into actionable insights and share with cross-functional teams.
- Assist with vetting and project management of research work provided by vendors.
- Consult on human factors, UCD best practices, and recommend research activities.
- Help grow the UXR team’s expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, acquire new tools and resources for the lab, and evangelize best practices.
- Typically has 5+ years of progressively complex practical work experience in a UX Researcher role on a product development team or consultant group.
- Graduate degree in Engineering Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a closely related field.
- Hands-on project management of user research studies including scoping, planning, work-back schedules, team coordination, cost estimation, and forecasting resources needed to execute studies.
- Execution of numerous user research methods from generative field research to lab-based usability tests.
- Experience planning and conducting studies in an Agile/Lean UX development framework.
- Seasoned expertise in experimental design for qualitative research, user-centered design methodology, data analysis, and reporting and communicating results.
- Expert in study session moderation/facilitation for in-depth-interviews, cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies, and contextual inquiry.
- Command of a broad set of quantitative research methods such as surveys, log file analysis, and performing statistical analysis on data sets.
- Proficiency with data analytics with the ability to connect findings to user feedback and work with data scientists to create and test hypothesis.
- Experience planning and conducting user research considering an international audience.
- Strong collaboration skills working with designers and engineers.
- Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly.
- Technical competency with existing and emerging interaction paradigms.
- An online portfolio or work samples with study plans, reports, and outcomes.
- Relevant work experience in digital products and services with a focus on consumer accounts, content discovery, and streaming media.
- Experience planning and conducting global user research in local markets including lab based user testing, in-home visits, and remote and online study methods.
- Subject matter expertise with VUI and Connected TV devices and/or game consoles, e.g., AppleTV, Roku, FireTV, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.