Our client is looking to hire a Database Engineer that is passionate about providing amazing experiences for their users and wants to be part of a growing team that is in the thick of the development, testing, deployment, and operating of highly utilized online services. This role within the DevOps team needs an experienced and talented individual with a diverse set of skills and abilities to work in a key role that is primarily focused on our current & future state database platforms to ensure they are properly performant, available, secure, and scaled.
- Identify database requirements by interviewing stakeholders; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Drive delivery by defining and implementing database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, database migrations, and recovery specifications.
- Critically evaluate the database architecture. Propose and implement medium and long term improvements towards supportability and performance.
- Technical evaluation and hands-on prototyping new solutions & database technologies including cost analysis and lifecycle support.
- Display high levels of performance and good decision making while working with minimal supervision within a defined set of priorities and goals.
- Provide training and write documentation & runbooks that allow operations engineers to understand and support the systems.
- Participate in Scrum methodology along with the rest of the DevOps team.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in a Database Engineering or Database Developer role.
- Proven experience with AWS database platforms (Dynamo, Aurora+, Postgres, MySQL).
- Experience with Linux working with Amazon Web Services and implementing cloud-based solutions.
- Familiar with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and logging tools is a big plus, such as Graphite, Grafana, Nagios/Icinga, or New Relic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and enjoys collaborating across teams to make us all successful.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile driven environment.
- A strong desire to own something and make it awesome!
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
- Any Database Administration/Engineering certification a plus
- Our client has a standard office work environment, with primarily open cubicles. Height adjustable workstations, adjustable chairs and monitor stands are provided for all employees
- Ability to work flexible hours as required for key initiatives.
- All team members are on-call periodically to respond to any emergency web site outages.
- Please only apply if you live in the Greater Seattle Area
- We cannot sponsor H1-B visas at this time
- We are not looking to expand our current list of preferred Corp-to-Corp vendors at this time