Our Client is seeking a senior digital product manager to be responsible for key aspects of their multi-billion, multi-channel e-commerce business. The successful candidate will craft the product vision and backlogs for their feature area. They will collaborate with key stakeholders, designers, and engineers to design, implement, test and refine functionality for their website, mobile apps, or other customer-facing e-commerce experiences. The senior product manager acts as a mentor to their teammates and provides thought leadership for the group.
Defining the Product through Discovery
- Identify areas of business opportunity which can be met through the development of digital solutions. Understanding guest needs is critical to success.
- Maintain a value-based prioritized backlog of opportunities for your product which align to Client’s business strategy and goals. Develop business cases and models backed by data.
- Use product discovery techniques to move from idea to prototype. Approach problems with an open mind and embrace learnings from guest research.
- Utilize data, including transactional data, usage statistics, primary customer research, and industry analyst reports to inform prioritization and solutions.
- Stay current with online travel and e-commerce industry trends as well as competitors’ digital capabilities.
- Maintain awareness of third-party capabilities that provide viable product solutions. Negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships.
Guiding the Product through Delivery
- Partner with your Scrum Master to work within your product team to deliver the product backlog.
- Accountable for the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Utilize story mapping techniques to inform the creation of release plans, with a strong bias towards incremental delivery and iteration.
- Ensure appropriate measurement capabilities are in place to monitor your product performance and enable you to iterate on your product.
- Deliver results for key product metrics and goals that supports business objectives.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to ensure operational support for go to market plans.
- Make key tradeoff decisions when required, smartly using data when it exists and solid judgment when it doesn’t, escalating as appropriate.
- Engage in constructive conversations with – and deliver tough messages when needed – to key stakeholders, including senior executives, while continually building professional and productive relationships.
- Provide support during system outages or emergency situations including occasional 24×7 on-call duties.
- 5+ years working directly with web and mobile e-commerce businesses exceeding $10MM in revenue per year
- 5+ years in a product management role, or equivalent work experience
- Strong familiarity with underlying e-commerce technologies with proven ability to partner with software engineering teams on investment and planning decisions
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, coupled with a history of building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Proven record managing digital products in a complex technical environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of the airline and/or travel industries and related technologies
- Deep working knowledge of agile product development concepts
- MBA or equivalent work experience
Reference Number: 5297