A Sr. Engineer at our Client is a highly technical role, with a deep emphasis placed on strong core technical skills. A Sr. Engineer is expected to have and maintain strong technical depth within their aligned technological field(s). Industry awareness across a variety of vendor or technology solutions is required. You must be able to envision strategically and act tactically in accordance with that vision. Responsible for solving Incidents and Problems with the highest level of complexity. Sufficiently flexible so as to perform the role directly or by managing a provider to perform the role.
- Expert advisory technical role – performs, or manages the performance of: technical planning, design, and system optimization work activities.
- Performs, or manages a provider to perform, installs, configurations, upgrades/enhancements, and maintenance activities of aligned technologies.
- Co-develops strategic architectural road-maps for aligned technologies with company enterprise architect(s). Analyzes industry patterns and trends of aligned technologies and develops long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of aligned technologies.
- Continuously delivers, or manages the delivery of, the technical quality and performance standards as defined by SLA’s, KPI’s, or other metrics.
- Delivers, or manages the delivery of, Incident and Problem resolution in accordance with SLA’s and always with an appropriate sense of urgency. Provides, or approves the provision of, root cause analyses.
- Provides, or manages the provision of, security and performance audits and analyzes findings to develop and implement appropriate corrective action. Adopts, or manages the adoption of, industry best practices pertaining to security – in alignment with organizational risk posture.
- Develops, or manages the development of, a yearly capacity forecast for all aligned technologies. Implements, or manages the implementation of, the tactical elements of the strategic capacity forecast; continuously adjusts to abnormal capacity patterns or trends.
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of IT work experience in aligned technologies, performing technology, planning, architecture review, engineering (hardware and software), and optimization.
- Actively seeks opportunities to make tactical technical improvements and strategic technical improvements in conjunction with enterprise architects and key stakeholders.
- In-depth understanding of aligned technology industries, current and emerging technologies.
- Design, integration, performance, and capacity management.
- Creates and sustains effective partnerships with Service Owners, providers, internal IT technical staff, and internal customers.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at both a technical and business level within all levels of the organization, and externally with providers and other business entities.
- Industry-related technical certifications highly valued.
- ITIL or other operations framework certification highly valued
Reference Number: 5285