Our client is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer who will be responsible for creating, communicating, as well as, ensuring adherence and support to the company’s enterprise-wide datacenter networking architecture design, principals, guidelines, and solutions. As a Sr. network engineer, you will also be responsible for advancing IT network infrastructure architecture in support of business and IT strategy, developing technology roadmaps and blueprints to meet architectural goals. The Sr. Network Engineer must collaborate and support architecture and the application support teams during system design, development and implementation phases. The role will also involve providing advice, interpretation, and review of application platform architecture and design principles. The position requires focus on overall project’s technical and architecture designs, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas and should also mentor the project technical team members.
Top skills needed:
Cloud experience, AWS, Direct Connect, Transit VPC
- Architecture/Design/Implementation of datacenter network infrastructure
- Able to create technical design document for networking solutions
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco switches/routers, specifically Nexus In-depth knowledge of Cisco’s Fabric Path
- Ethernet Technology (specifically BGP, OSPF and IS-IS)
- Scripting experience (such as Ruby/PowerShell/Python)
- Provide Architecture, Design, and Implementation large-scale datacenter network infrastructure, which hosts revenue generating on-line gaming applications, and web sites.
- Involved in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects, assuring and resolving adherence to enterprise-wide solutions.
- Supports adherence to relevant SOX, PCI, ITIL, corporate security, or other applicable compliance standards
- Maintains strong understanding of emerging architecture concepts, methods, and associated technology trends including the next generation datacenter network infrastructure (SDN, CLOS-based network architecture and cloud enabled networking, Azure ExpressRoute and VPN Connectivity, NSX etc.…).
- Provide network design guidance, research technical issues.
- Conduct proof-of-concept exercises to validate concepts and assumptions.
- Provide consultation on Cloud and F5-centric Load Balancing services (General LTM/ASM/APM and iRules, as well as provide guidance on use of SNAT)
- Create technical design document for networking solutions that include network operations and configuration standards.
- Proposes, recommends and implements improvements in terms of technology, services/products/options, pricing plans and costs, or policies and procedures;
- Proposes alternative methods for improving performance and/or reliability of the existing network infrastructure.
- Mentor senior technical members
- Act as escalation engineer for technical and operational issues.
- 7×24 On-call responsibility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of network engineering experience including extensive knowledge of Cisco switches and routers; specifically, Nexus, ASR and Catalyst
- 2+ years of experience with Cisco Nexus (7k/5k/2k as well as 9k) platforms.
- 5+ years experiences with various vendors switches, routers, load balancers, security devices and working with various network service providers.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco’s Fabric Path Ethernet Technology and Internet routing protocol; specifically, BGP, OSPF, and IS-IS
- Extensive experience in the zero-downtime datacenter network infrastructure planning and deployment.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing both the hierarchical tree and leaf-spine datacenter network.
- Experience with a scripting language (Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Perl, etc.…)
- Extensive experience with many of the following protocols & technologies:
- Fabric Extenders, vPC+, VDC, RSTP, VRRP, ISSU, Fabric Path, peer-switch/peer-gateway, FCoE 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, RADIUS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, HTTP, DHCP, NFS.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication facilitation skills in order to manage through the often-opposing demands put on systems design, development, and operations from a time, cost, scope, and quality perspective
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills with a methodical approach to problem resolution across large scale distributed platforms
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to lead and mentor colleagues
- Ability to work under continual deadline constraints
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating team priorities and organizational directions
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
Preferred/ Nice to Haves:
- Experience with vCMP-based F5 hardware solutions
- Experience with CDN (e.g., Akamai )
- Experience with VxLAN (Cisco or NSX/Nicira)
- Experience with ExtraHop or similar wire data analysis tools
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
Education and Training:
- BA/BS degree desired or equivalent year-for-year work experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation training OR certification (CCDA/CCDP preferred)