- Responsible for core communications data transport for distributed computing infrastructure and security for technologies such as virtualized environments, servers/clients, firewalls, edge devices, VOIP systems, Storage devices, etc.,
- Ensure the stability and integrity of all network and telecom data services to include voice, on/off prem data flows, video and wireless network services.
- Provide technical and supervisory leadership in planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization to include SaaS and Cloud based services.
- Lead the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Provide security engineering oversight and operational support of all network related equipment and software, i.e., edge equipment and firewalls. Working knowledge of firewall best practices, application control, URL filtering, identity awareness, IPS, anti-bot/-virus and security best practices.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with management and department leaders/stakeholders to assess short-term and long-term network capacity and performance needs.
- Provide technical leadership planning and design proposals for VOIP, SaaS, DR, Cloud, security and overall data and voice traffic.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configurations, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, VoIP, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other related hardware and software.
- Conduct research and analysis for network products, services and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking and security industry.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and related partners to procure network products and services.
- Provide technical leadership to all procurement and deployment projects related to data networks with DR and redundancy considerations.
- Configure and support data related hardware/software to ensure high availability, reliability and performance meeting business objectives and expectations.
- Monitor network performance and capacity – provide lead troubleshooting oversight as needed.
- Provide support for network installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of client and server hardware, software, and peripheral devices working with primary teams.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances to include DMZ and edge related systems.
- Conduct and participate in security vulnerability penetration tests, remediation of threats and NAC (Network Access Control) solutions.
- Provide network performance and capacity statistics and reports to management and/or key stakeholders.
- Participate in network security operations and solutions working with key stakeholders.
- Oversee network performance for backups and recovery platforms to include DR replication and recovery requirements.
- Provide on-call support for network related escalations or issues.
- Mentor and/or provide guidance to junior members to include providing level 3 support to Help Desk and related stakeholders.
- Provide operational/engineering support for the DMZ and internal infrastructures for servers, firewalls, ACLs, proxies, IDS systems, secure email/spam filtering appliances.
- Support includes configuration changes, lifecycle management, troubleshooting, upgrades, monitoring, and new product evaluation/engineering.
- Lead the security efforts to identify & mitigate network intrusion or related vulnerabilities.
Must be proficient with:
- Network routing – 5 plus years of experience working with router hardware and software in complex environments. Preferably Cisco ISR 4300 and 4400 series, CSR 1000v and ASR 1001’s.
- Routing Protocols – 5-10 years experience with BGP, EIGRP OSPF,VRF, PFR and IPSLA tracking, etc.,
- Switch technology – 5 plus years experience with a desired focus on nexus 9k, 5k and 2k’s and 6509 VSS.
- Transport Layer – 5-10 years IPsec, DMVPN, GRE and SSL.
- Physical layer – 5-10 years working with Ethernet designs and solutions. Other topology experience is beneficial.
- Data Center network buildouts – 5 -10 Years working with VPC, HSRP, VRRP, VLAN’s and related technologies.
- F5 / BigIP – 5 years experience with GTM, LTM, AFM, Network DDoS and Geo Protection.
- Wireless – 5 years experience (CAPS and RAPS, dot1x, radius). Aruba experience preferred.
- Cisco ASA – 2-3 years Cisco Anyconnect and B2B VPN’s with related client configuration support.
- AWS cloud services – 2-3 years preferred – VPC, EC2, Cloud formation, Direct Connect, AZs, regions, etc.,
- Past leadership and supervisory experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to influence change with an ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience – both verbal and written.
- Security – 5 plus years working with firewall and edge related security to include IDS, encryption, MFA, etc., to include SecOps best practices. Check Point experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- CISSP required
- CCNP preferred or experience
- AWS certifications preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a variety of Cisco network solutions and network/system security
- Please only apply if you live in the Greater Seattle Area
- We cannot sponsor H1-B visas at this time
- We are not looking to expand our current list of preferred Corp-to-Corp vendors at this time