Our Client is looking for a driven, experienced Senior Engineer to help deliver next-generation entertainment. The successful engineer will have the experience, knowledge, creativity, and interpersonal skills it takes to work with cross-discipline leadership and development partners – with a mission of delivering innovative and compelling experiences to the world. The ideal candidate for this position will have a history of technology leadership in game development and a passion for navigating development relationships to drive success in interactive products.
You will act as a product engineering champion – leading technology guidance, oversight, communication, and vision through full product development life-cycles, including:
- Identifying the best engine and middleware solutions.
- Ownership and contribution on technical specs and estimates for engine, pipeline, and service architectures and implementations.
- Debugging, fixing, and improving partner code, pipelines, services, and workflows.
- Understanding the accumulation of technical debt and communicating trade-offs.
- Implementing reusable features to accelerate and streamline development for partners.
- Performance and stability evaluation and improvements.
- Integrating R&D code into products for trial or production.
- Setup and maintenance of telemetry/analytics pipelines.
- Replicating partner build/deployment frameworks for internal purposes.
- You will represent technology for product and portfolio planning, providing expertise and oversight on priorities, trade-offs, and risks, as well as your own personal perspective to decision-making.
- You will be in constant communication with all business and development dimensions to provide insight and feedback, with the goal of driving development partners and internal efforts to deliver world-class experiences.
- You will join multidisciplinary efforts to pioneer and deliver new concepts and pipelines that drive our products into the future.
- 8+ years of development experience in C, C++, and C#.
- 5-8+ years of working in game development over 2+ game middleware/engine releases.
- Passion for understanding and improving interpersonal skills and relationships internally and with development partners.
- Experience with managing partner relationships (publishing, contracting, etc.) to coordinate code and content from multiple sources and time-zones.
- Desire to solve complex problems extending far beyond the technical space.
- Highly effective communicator (both verbal and written) with the ability to partner, engage, and translate across technical and non-technical teams to deliver cohesive experiences.
- Experience developing and shipping AAA+ quality games.
- Competency in emerging interaction paradigms, including touch, voice, and NUI.
- Interest in development for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), or other forms of head mounted displays (HMDs).
Reference Number: 5333