The Senior ETL (Extracting, Transforming, and Loading) Developer is responsible for leading the Data Services Team in the design, build, maintenance, quality, and expansion of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). This role plays an integral part and is a subject matter expert in every step of the process, by providing thought-leadership in the areas of design, data modeling, and ETL development best practices. EDW houses key data that is used across the organization for critical decision making and to run the Business.
Scope & Complexity
This individual contributor is a subject matter expert in ETL processes and best practices. This role exercises considerable judgment to make decisions within the scope of their expertise and provides recommendations to address and support complex software development.
- Lead, guide, solve, recommend, and influence in the areas of ETL design, data modeling, and ETL development; while setting the team standards.
- Coach and facilitate best practice guidelines around all stages of development and emerging technologies.
- Architect, engineer, test, deploy, and support highly scalable and maintainable complex data tools.
- Provides technical leadership to serve as point of escalation, review, and approval for key issues, significant projects, and decisions.
- Work with stakeholders, and translate requirements to design and build a solution that will meet Business needs and integrate seamlessly with the EDW.
- Prepare and participate in design and code reviews. Secure and advocate team and stakeholder approval for all designs, and effort estimates.
- Research and analyze current systems, subsystems and interfaces to understand the current or new process flow.
- Analyze processes for gaps and weaknesses, building future state models and creating the roadmaps and migration plans to get there.
- Contribute as a full-stack engineer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, designers, and other engineers to deliver business value on an iterative basis. Communicate progress and work using the Agile Methodology.
- Develop unit tests, performance tests, and take into account security requirements.
- Document work via Functional and Tech Specs.
- A Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in computer science, systems analysis, or a related area, or an additional two years of training/experience in lieu of this degree.
- 5 years of strong SQL and PL/SQL knowledge, Oracle, Data Warehousing (building relational databases, star schemas), and Data Modeling, with at least 2 years of ODI (Oracle Data Integrator Tool) and C#
- Experience in the design, implementation, and support of a Kimball method data warehouse on SQL Server or Oracle
- Business and/or technical background in the areas of Data Integration (ETL), Data Security, and Enterprise Data Warehouse development
- Experience in Change Management, Release Management, and Source Code control practices
- 1+ years airline/ travel industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with OWB (Oracle Warehouse Builder)
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Cloud technologies, specifically, in AZURE
- Experience designing processes/procedures for automated testing & QC
- .NET programming skills
- Experience Python, Databricks, Tableau, Alteryx
- Experience with Agile Methodology
Reference Number: 5277