The Sr. Database Developer contributes to the success of our Client by designing and developing complex data-centric solutions, including data warehousing, system integration, ETL & data integration, and BI/semantic models, e.g. SSAS. The incumbent will participate in the full life-cycle of solution implementation, from requirements gathering/review and data modelling through development, testing, implementation and maintenance. Expert level skills with Microsoft SQL Server database and BI technologies and data modeling/architecture are required.
- Work with business analysts and subject matter experts to assess and understand business’ data and BI requirements.
- Design, develop and implement and maintain data integration solutions data between operational systems and data warehouses.
- Design and implement robust data models (relational and dimensional) that are right-sized, scalable, and maintainable.
- Ensure that solutions/code are well-managed in source-control.
- Serve as an administrator for data warehouse, reporting, and BI solutions; this includes database backup/restore strategies, security, and change-management/deployment practices.
- Create and maintain documentation of data-warehouse/BI architecture, including ERDs, process flows, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working partnerships within IT and other business units.
- Mentor other team members, providing design guidance, troubleshooting and code-reviews as necessary.
- Stay current with industry best practices and technologies related to data, reporting, and Business Intelligence (BI), including cloud-based technologies, e.g. SQL Server stack in Azure. Provide guidance to company as they chart our path to the cloud within the data/BI space.
- 6+ years progressive experience as a Database Developer or DBA, including physical database design/implementation, ETL development, and report development. Experience must include support of DW/BI systems. Experience in financial services industry is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical concepts and issues to employees from various organizational levels and functional backgrounds.
- Ability to understand and deconstruct complex business processes, e.g. loan origination & servicing, into meaningful data structures.
- A four year degree in computer science or closely related field is preferred. Significant, relevant experience is an acceptable substitute.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong sense of ownership and accountability for work product.
- The ability to work in teams (and with individuals) of diverse backgrounds in a cooperative and productive partnership.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, able to work with a minimum of supervision, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- The ability to learn rapidly, to ask relevant and insightful questions, and take instruction constructively.
- The ability to analyze problems, identify root-causes and make good decisions quickly
- The ability to perform well in pressure situations; this includes the ability and willingness to respond positively to change within the company, the banking industry, and technology in general.
- 6+ years experience directly supporting data warehousing and data integration solutions
- 6+ years experience with the Microsoft SQL Server stack; i.e., SQL Database Engine, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Advanced experience with the T-SQL scripting/programming language, including the ability to develop, test, and debug complex ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, and data migration scripts.
- Strong knowledge of standard data modeling patterns and best-practices, e.g. 3NF, dimensional models.
- Strong understanding and experience with various ETL/ELT strategies and system design (staging environments, data transformation, change data capture, slowly changing dimensions, etc.), with an eye towards delivering functional, scalable and maintainable solutions in a timely manner.
- 2+ years developing and supporting SSAS Tabular or PowerBI solutions.
- Experience supporting user-facing Report/BI tools (SSRS, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Significant experience managing code in a formal repository, e.g. Git, TFS, AzureDevOps
Reference Number: 5363