The SDET Lead will help develop, implement, and sustain test automation processes, practices, and controls in support of faster time to market and quality within the software delivery lifecycle. This role is greenfield and will leverage the most current tools and technologies to define our test automation strategy by building requirements and designing code to ensure implementation and execution of our automation test environment. They will also be responsible to creating high quality, maintainable, and performant code for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report on. The selected candidate may have the responsibility for planning, developing, and directing a small test team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and build verification tests that enable high quality frequent releases
- Can automate use cases and contribute towards creating scalable robust automation frameworks. Reporting and regressing issues while diligently assessing root cause and impact analysis of fixes. Identify critical customer use cases of tightly integrated highly complex products/user stories.
- Participate in code/ design review – Participate in writing unit tests, acceptance tests, performance tests and code docs
- Closely coordinates with both Dev, DevTest and Ops regarding testing practices and ensuring quality thresholds are met.
- Work with developers, product manager, product owner in an agile setup with desire to have ownership from build, deployment, monitoring and operational support
- To ensure test scripts are always up to date and monitor their status during every run
- Creation, Modification, and Execution of Test Scenarios/Scripts – Automated and Manual
- Identification and reporting of issues and defects
- Ensuring adherence to test and quality processes
- Ensuring proper documentation of all results and ability to provide detailed reports for failure cases
- May oversee the professional development of any direct reports, providing mentorship and leadership. Train and mentor, establish performance goals, and perform staff assessments.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of professional experience designing and developing solutions in Java
- 7+ years in applicable experience with designing and building automation frameworks
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts and design
- Experience with modern testing tools such as JUnit, Mockito, or similar
- Test Designing, Test cases, Test scripts, Test Automation & Test Reporting
- Able to develop automated smoke, functional, regression test suites and database backend
- Agile Methodologies and Defect Life Cycle
- Proven track record of leading a team – your ambitious about standards and executing with excellence
WHAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL
- Influences and drives quality across teams, disciplines, and the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understand the impact of technology on business challenges, processes, and efficiency
- Work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Translate technical information into easy to understand language for customers
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload – makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary. Ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities.
- Technically proficient – knows role and has a solid familiarity with tasks and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility for own learning – knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seek to learn. You’re always learning and in turn, you’re always teaching.
- Communicates ideas – strong facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to positive work environment where people want to come to work. Support other divisions within BSI as needed with a focus on process improvement.
- Display ethical character and competence – acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, aligns with BSI’s core values and strategic goals. Act as a good citizen of BSI.
- Standards and procedures -Using meticulous attention to detail, implement consistent, high quality and measurable procedures and protocols.
- Build strong internal relationships- You are emotionally intelligent and know your audience.
- Critical thinking, ability to challenge others and drive productivity, while maintaining strong business relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment.