The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for designing, developing, running, maintaining and documenting all types of test automation. This includes functional automation, performance testing, technical test automation and system administration duties for the team’s test tools. This person will participate in the development of test automation strategies within the Quality Assurance Team.
In this job, you will:
- Work closely with QA Software Testers, IT software development and project teams to develop test automation strategies and create test automation that supports the delivery of high quality software.
- Work with the QA team to identify and prioritize test automation targets.
- Work with the QA and project team to develop and create performance test strategies and performance test suites.
- Work with the IT software development team to develop and create technical testing strategies and test suites.
- Responsible for developing, running, maintaining and documenting all types of test automation.
- Partner with internal resources in support of project and test methodologies.
- Conduct formal and informal training sessions with the QA team.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of test automation tools and technology improvements.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle as it relates to the test discipline and ability to manage testing for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture using (Web Services, WCF, SOAP and REST), and database design (MS-SQL, and Oracle).
- Exceptional test aptitude, customer focus and expertise in formal and informal testing techniques as well as quality reporting.
- Effective project management skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to influence and drive quality across the team and disciplines.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work or educational experience. Minimum three plus years of industry experience as SDET of which 1 year must be within the performance testing discipline.
- Experience with test automation and Quality Assurance methodologies, development processes and engineering excellence, using C#/.Net and Visual studio platform.
- Experience with automated test tools, such as HP Load Runner, HP ALM/UFT, Perfecto Mobile and Visual Studio is preferred.