Our Client is looking for a dedicated and experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join its testing team. The QA Analyst will test Client website and internal applications.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications, ideally in the online industry. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices yet know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable. They have a clear understanding of the multiple software development methodologies and will have worked in several. They will have solid technical skills which will be used to not only find, but troubleshoot and research problems and issues when they come up. They will understand the benefits of test automation and will have been part of a team that has successfully used it in the past.
They will have strong communication skills demonstrating their ability to collaborate with not only other QA people, but with developers, leads, product owners, and various levels of management. They will be effective in the use of their time, demonstrate a strong sense of project urgency along with an ability to work under pressure while still delivering on schedule. Their experience will show that they can effectively work on multiple projects at one time – prioritizing their daily work to meet the needs of the projects.
They are personable, approachable, willing to help others, able to work under minimal supervision and not easily distracted from their tasks.
- Designs, develops, and executes software test strategies, plans and test scripts
- Provides accurate and justifiable estimates for QA resources and testing schedules
- Designs, creates and approves (or oversees the creation and approval of) project test cases, scripts and conditions as well as QA-related documentation.
- Effectively executes tests and records results working with others to identify and resolve defects
- Analyzes and determines test dependencies including QA environment, QA tools, training, build and deployment plans and communication processes.
- Analyzes relevant business content and participates in requirement gathering sessions providing input on requirement and design documents, assessing requirements for testability, clarity, purpose, inherent ambiguity, contradictory functions and implementation.
- Analyzes and manages test results to identify defects, ensures features and user stories work as expected and recommend corrective action as appropriate.
- Incorporates test automation as part of their work process if needed
- Collaborates with onshore and offshore team members on all project related testing
- May oversee and coordinate onshore and offshore testing activities
- Works with product owners in understanding and clarifying requirements and stories
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary
- Minimum 7 years of software quality assurance experience
- Minimum 4 years of functional and back-end testing of websites and backend applications
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills
- Experience working in agile environments
- Experience with MS SQL Server and ability to write basic SQL queries
- Strong knowledge of a SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile team
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent test resource planning and test scheduling skills
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases
- Proven ability to provide project testing estimates
- Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards
- High level understanding of design/development methodologies and project management concepts
- Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision
- Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level.
- Experience and/or working knowledge in a broad range of platforms, environments and tools, including, but not limited to, the following (or equivalent) technologies:
- Understanding of web services, SOAP, REST and XML concepts and technologies
- Database knowledge
- Experience creating test automation scripts
- Knowledge of an Agile environment
- Ecommerce experience a plus
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of working in an environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical thinker possessing strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Basic understanding of Software Quality Assurance methodologies and processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Travel industry knowledge (not necessary but nice to have)
Referral Number: 5306